and you thought you drive like an idiot....

rx1900

1981 X1/9
Cross-posted from the Mirafiori forum. An average of 140 mph ( 225 kph ) through heavy traffic.....

Kinda hard to believe YouTube allows this.....the action starts at about the 3:00 minute mark.....

Watch it on your biggest monitor !

EDIT - a day after posting this it appears that YouTube has now taken down the video that was linked below. If anyone finds it on another streaming platform, kindly post the link here. Basically.....it was a helmet cam video of a dude on a motorcycle driving from Colorado Springs to Denver in about 20 minutes through heavy traffic. Weaving around - and between - cars and trucks at speeds from about 120 mph to 170 mph.

EDIT again - see post #13 for a link to a partial re-post of the video.

Last edited:
He will make a fine organ donor one day soon, if there's enough left.

I seriously do not get this behavior. Inability to analyze risk vs reward generally leads to Darwin Awards recipients.

Yeah....I dunno.....but I think this video is real.....but with all the video versions of Photoshop available these days...perhaps the whole video is fake ( ? )

If...it is real.....and you can see his speedo readout at times....and surely the traffic in that situation was moving at maybe 75 mph mostly......but look like they are standing still.....

And it seems he kept that up for about 50 miles or so....

.Note the extended wheelie near the start...that appears to be at about 80 mph....

And if it is real...very impressive engine ....for a street machine...that would take those rpms for that long.....

When you are packing 200 or more horsepower in a bike such things are quit easy to do. Imagine walking into a Suzuki dealership and buying a 200 mile an hour Hayabusa.....with your T-shirt and new shorty helmet! The sales team will stop cringing once you make it out of the parking lot.

Is it possible his speedo is reading kph not mph? Not sure you could maneuver like that at 150mph.

Kinda like Rendevouz, except way more reckless. His comments at the end were nuts. YES, you should be judged on what "could" have happened. It's like me spraying a crowd with a machine gun and as long as I don't hit anyone, I shouldn't be judged. No harm no foul. This guy is a piece of work...

"showing your age", I'll say, wasn't that back in the early mid 1800s for he mountain men?

Update: A portion of the original video has been re-posted on YouTube. Seems to be only about half the length of the original video...and the video quality does not seem near as good...but worth watching before it gets taken down too:

Edit - part 2 of the original video has now been re-posted:

Last edited:
Update: A portion of the original video has been re-posted on YouTube. Seems to be only about half the length of the original video...and the video quality does not seem near as good...but worth watching before it gets taken down too:

People doing this stuff really hurts responsible enthusiast. I enjoy driving fun roads but its stuff like this that paints us all as insane, irresponsible, idiots.

When some guy on a bike tries to impress me with his "skillz", I show him this video. When you can do _this_, I'll be impressed.

When I roadraced bikes, dragging your toe or outer sole of your boot was impressive. Now MotoGP racers drag their SHOULDERS in a turn!

In the early 70s, Summit Point raceway would allow bikes and cars on the track at the same time......it was a terrible idea as was learned by the Mini driver who was tailing a Yamaha two stroke racer down the front straight....when the Yam's motor seized. Everyone survived but the Mini was totally trashed (went to the shoulder to avoid bike and rider now sliding on the pavement and then tried to pull back onto the track at speed).

Back