another mystery part contest

jjay911

True Classic
First part up for bid... Not sure what this is from. I yanked it out of an X 19 that I purchased last year. At first I though Fiat spider but now I have no idea.:hmm2:

I was thinking Beta as well. Dang Google, messing with our guessing game.

Jeff, judging from the stain in the center of the top, it might be a leaker.

OK. I will have to test this. Maybe ebay it goes. I was going to throw it away... I purchased a Stainless Steel tank that had been converted for a Scorpion for my "special X":eek:mg:

OK I know these are Bushings for the front of an 850 but not sure what the difference is. I only found the larger of the two on my car.

Not "bushings"...

...but bump stops, typically used to keep movable suspension parts from metal-to-metal contact with the chassis/frame/body as the movable parts reach the proximal end of their travel.

oh yea thats right.. but why two different sizes? I may have to crawl under car again and see if I can find these...:hrmph:

Some more...

I know where they go and what some of them do but I forget what they are called..........

Left is the leaf spring end bushing, top middle goes to the steering idler arm housing, right is the Ostend kingpin carrier bushing and the center lower is the front A arm bushing

On second thought the left one may be for the rear suspension semi trailing arm, it just looks like the wrong size for the end of the leaf spring.

Last edited:
I tried to fit the top middle into the Idler spare I have and it was a no go. So that one is a mystery to me. I found one similar looking for a Fiat 1100 on Google( I am so ashamed I went to google for help:sigh:)

OK these Dizzies have me Dizy. :eek:mg: I think the one on the far right is X19 but is missing the plug for the ignition box. the one on the left is made in france and I dont recall what it fits. Same size threads on the gear housing on the bottom.

The middle one no idea...

The small cube shaped item with the one mounting hole and the two red wires looks just about identical to the temperature switch mounted on the rear of the head of my '86 FI car.

On FI cars these activate the fuel injector cooling fan system.

There is a conceptually similar system originally installed on carbed cars, but I don't have any first-hand experience with what that system's temp switch looks like.

850 coolant reservoir cap

The bolt/spring doesn't' look right to be an 850 Sedan Coupe motor mount spring.

Don't Know What It Is, But It's Not.....

.....for a late model X1/9.

I looked in the part number index of my '79 and up X1/9 parts manual and that bracket part number 4340121 was NOT on the list, so it's safe to say the bracket is not for a late model X.

Nothing came up on Google.

Back