Another Owners Club Member

RicB

True Classic
I too have just joined the owners club. Well sort of, car is waiting on transport so in reality, it will be a few days yet, but I'm still excited! Found it on the craigslist mash site and it's in Yakima WA (sort of a dry climate). It's an 86 with 53,000 miles, repainted a couple of years ago in it's original color. Retired gent owned it for the last 4 years and barely drove it. One issue is the Cromodora 179 "Tron" wheels ain't got the wheel covers! Heard that these are a royal PITA to find? Anyone got an extra one laying around? I figure if I can find 4 people with one cap each I'll have a set!

Here's a pic.

Welcome to the madhouse

Glad to have you along for "the ride that is Xweb" :pc: :clap: :guitar::grouphug:

Welcome to the best X site on the web.

Welcome! About the wheel covers, I have two available. You may have already contacted me about them via Craigslist. Let me know if you'd like to buy them.

Thanks Mac

I gained a lot of knowledge poking around the site before making the purchase.

Congrats RicB

Looks like a nice car.

At this point in time, the TRON caps are worth more than the wheels they go on. :)

Welcome Ric...

I guess ya really gotta love those TRON wheels a lot...

Ya may wanna consider something shinier in the meantime whilst ya collect the TRON covers from all over the planet. HA!

Enjoy the ride while yur waiting though! Keep us informed with fotos when the car arrives also!

Where to all the wheel covers go...

Do they fall off so easy that they're all laying along the sides of the roads? Do folks use them as designer dinner plates (Hey honey - look at these neat Bertony dinner plates I found!)? :)

They fly off at random times and slice through the grass on the median never to be seen again.
:cry:

The tabs that hold them on aren't big or strong enough, and break when they get old, sometimes sooner as it's not the best plastic (polystyrene I think). If you want to keep them around just be sure to use a dab or two of silicone to help hold them on. You'll still be able to remove them when you want to but otherwise they won't fall off on their own.
:geek:

Mike M.....thats a good one!!!....

and it can become a reality!!!.........in a matter of yrs,maybe less.:devil:

It might arrive this weekend...

But we're expecting a BIG snowstorm (April in the Rockies)! So I'll have to tuck it away in the garage for a few days. :mad2: Then I can start driving it!

Welcome to the fun!

Feel your pain with the snow. Finally got my girl out for first run of the year up here.

Spent many great years driving around the front range in the 80's on my orange 81 x. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. She looks like a beauty.

TRON CAPS

I too have just joined the owners club. Well sort of, car is waiting on transport so in reality, it will be a few days yet, but I'm still excited! Found it on the craigslist mash site and it's in Yakima WA (sort of a dry climate). It's an 86 with 53,000 miles, repainted a couple of years ago in it's original color. Retired gent owned it for the last 4 years and barely drove it. One issue is the Cromodora 179 "Tron" wheels ain't got the wheel covers! Heard that these are a royal PITA to find? Anyone got an extra one laying around? I figure if I can find 4 people with one cap each I'll have a set!

Here's a pic.

I have a few used ones... http://www.fiatplus.com/1984-86-alloy-wheel-hub-cap-pr-286437.html

Ha - I'm the one that is usually late to the party!
It arrived on Saturday. There is Zero rust anywhere. Respray looks good but isn't that great. The engine compartment was really dirty. After a new air filter it runs a lot better. It's gonna be sunny and warm all week so I can start driving it.

Thanks - The owner of a shop in Denver supposedly has a set but if that doesn't happen I'll be contacting you and Greg.

Back