Any one try rebuilding struts?

whitespy

Flyboy Spagetti eater
I have a set of Koinis that need rebuilding and they don't have any parts for them. How hard is it to retrofit/fix original internals possibly re valve?

Warren

Call Lee Grimes at (859) 586-4100.

He is with Koni NA and knows his stuff. If they can be rebuilt, the race shop at Koni NA can handle it.....

Ya but.......

At what cost? I like my kids... I don't want to have to give my first born away. (although some days the price would be worth it :p)
Seriously, from what I have been able find out the parts for the red Konis are NLA and can't be re built. I was thinking of cracking open the struts myself and see what I can do. I know John Alan has some PK on this but I haven't been able to get a hold of him for some time now. Is he even still lurking around the forum? I just thought I would throw this out there before I do contact the people you have suggested.

I have a set of these on my shelf as well. There are two different "red" konis. The difference is in the central shaft diameter. The larger shaft is the kind that can be rebuilt.

If I remember correctly, figure $150 per for the rebuild. Custom valving is available and costs extra.

Do you know the shaft sizes?

I will measure mine and see which ones I have. It would be interesting to find out what the difference is between X1/9 Koini's and the Scorpion Koinis. And....... is there a difference in size for each model which would make it 4 different sizes in total.

Back