Any Photos? Brackets for factory steel 850 Spider hard top

Matt Zerega

Passion, not Practicality.
Anyone have photos of the factory brackets that attach the front of the Fiat factory hard-top to the windshield on the 850 Spider?

Why do I ask? I've got a nicely restored factory steel top, and whomever restored it did a nice job on the new headliner too...with exception of the fact that they obscured the screw holes that hold the brackets shown in the factory glovebox manual. And I can't feel 'em underneath the new headliner!

Unfortunately, the image included in glovebox manual (below) - providing instructions for mounting/unmounting the hard top - obscures the part I need to see behind the sun visor, and an hour of www searching has yielded nothing.....so....... my hope is that one of you passionate, long time Fiat enthusiasts can take a few detailed photos of the factory hard top brackets that fasten the top the windshield frame.

Anyone have a pair of these mysterious brackets that they're willing to photograph?
1638756616762.png

Here you go:

850CLvisors3.JPG 850CLvisors2.JPG 850CLvisors1.JPG

Note that most USA cars with the factory steel hardtop don't have these big sunvisors attached to the hardtop brackets. They just have the brackets with a black rubber/plastic plug in the hole for each sunvisor post, & the "normal" smaller black sunvisors mounted on the upper windshield frame like all other 850 Spiders. The assemblies shown in my photos above were from a Euro model (an 850 CL).

There's also this post here on Xweb.

Last edited:
Thank Loren. You're awesome, Jeff. This is huge help..and you just solved a tiny part of the mystery for me. I can feel a large (~12mm), round hole through the new headliner i.e., way too big for screws. I've been wondering what the heck that could be -- based on your photos, it appears to be accommodation for the visor post. Thanks very much, Gents. I'll post some photos when I have something genuinely interesting to look at.....

Back