Anybody got pics of matt's ducktail spoiler installed?

I can 't wait

to post pics.
I am waiting for the parts from Midwest, then hopefully taking the car to paint shop this week. I would've liked to be able to take the X to a car Expo on the 15th... We'll see but not probable...

Of course i'll post pics of the finished product :)

stay tuned

So I got the said Ducktail in the mail

and the bumper set. IT WILL LOOK truly great I can't wait to install and get the car repainted.

See test:

Still hoverng between to colours :
Ferrari RED
OR
BMW interlagos blue
both would have flat black accents

not sure I got all the necessary hardware to mount the bumpers but we'll see. I went with the '75-'78 upper bars with ends.
I think i may have a challenge to mount those...

Last edited:
so now help me mount the rails!

Go to my other post about bumper swaps and help! hahaha

large wing on an x

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/923/10951580.jpg
I think it looks quiet good but it depends on your x i guess. As for the front end lift and i had to laugh at this julian from england once told me. That you shouldn't cut the front radiator panel out as at over 160mph it distorts the air going over the car so badly it ends up producing lift. I had to laugh as at that stage seeing my x get to 120mph was a battle.

To give you an idea that yellow x regularly see's 140mph with just that fiberglass front spoiler and that rear wing. It is very stable at high speeds even with its 650/550 pound springs. It is also very low from the ground to the front lip edge on the guard is 21inches and 21.5 in the rear.

hahaha

Thanks for that!
I am not planning to reach those speeds!
I am happy going 130kmh and the back tail is an esthetic choice. The huge spoiler on the picture looks "groovy" but very much out of place on my modest street car. I am still waiting to see what will happen to the front lip, as I have to remove both bumper ends with the bumper mods.
I did cut out some material on an extra pair uf ends i have to try and put them back and keep the sides "lipped "but haven't checked yet about fit. I may have to go with a replacement lip.

Will post pics when i'm prepping the car for paint.

so here is the winning concept

FOR NOW...
I was thinking about a couple of colours for the new paint job...
Here is the current winner for paint.

the front and back spoilers will be black as the middle horizontal line.
Plus for a racy effect i've added a double black line.

Let me know what you think , and sorry If i stole your paint scheme, I don't remember seeing one exactly the same...

Last edited:
then ship your car here and we'll do a 2 for one

hahaha

Seriously though, the guy doing my paint job quoted such a ridiculous price that I suggest anyone living along the northern US border come and get their rides painted here. The guy did my friend's car (Passat Wagon) in Ferrari Grey, plus rust removing, windshield, driver side door, bumper shells replaced and a couple of electrical issues fixed for 2,200$ canadian (yes canadian!)

When I went there with the owner of the passat, the painter quoted mine at 1,200$ any choice of color. I think with the couple of mods (ducktail and bumpers) and the 2 colors, I should be around 1,500-1,700$
with rust and bumps removed.

I'm NOT going for show quality and he won't strip the car to bare metal, but so far ( 1 year) my friend's passat looks great and is visually stunning. The guy also does muscle cars and airbrush finish. He's just passionate!

Back