Anyone have Vick's Header?

wrxdrew

1300cc's of Angry Bees
Got photos of it installed? How'd you install it on the car? Did you have to cut anything to get it to fit?

I replied I swear!! But my post dissapeared!

I did this install with an old VIC's header- no cutting or fabbing with the exception of will not install with AC pump. install from the bottom and car needs to be pretty high. I angled the header so the exhaust end pointed forward of the left wheel and slowly moved the header ends up and around the bits in the way. No issues.

The setup I used with the exhuast doesn't fit all that well in the exhaust "bay" area. My lower rear air dam/valance and grill touches the muffler. I plan to finish up my custom exhaust to better fit this week.

I will post some pics later but you can sort of see the header in this shot:

IMG_4480.jpg

" I'll take that as a resounding no."

really....?????

wow.....that ssooooo makes me want to post a reply.

" I'll take that as a resounding no."

really....?????

wow.....that ssooooo makes me want to post a reply.

Yeah, I was being a little blunt and a little impacient :innocent: I should have just bumped it and left it alone, I was just afraid my question was going to fall to the second page and then obscurity. I guess the headers arn't as rare as I was beginning to believe.

That looks like a good design, with a long collector which I assume would be beneficial for low and mid-range torque. Is this header (Vick's) generally considered to be the best one currently available for the X? What are the primary tube and collector diameters? Would it be appropriate for a highly modified (stroker, dual carb, BVH, race cam) engine or is it designed to be used on a milder street engine?

I bought one, but have not installed it

So I didn't have anything useful to add. It was an easy install on my couch! :)

Vicksheader2.jpg

ook. If I had the cash I would definately buy up an exhaust system from you. Your dyno results are great. The 75 will be getting one in the next 6 month I hope.

I'm testing some less expensive mufflers at the moment and expect a price drop in the near future:)

Good to hear Mark.:thumbsup: I shopped your exhaust system and would have got it because I like doing business with you. The main reason I ended up getting the Vick's header is price.

On the bright side, I am still plotting on your trick distributor. It'll be my next Fiat splurge. I just have to finish what I've started for now.

Back