Anyone know offset for stock 4.5" wheels?

Dallarax19

Builder -Dallara Replica
Looking for actual backspace or offset of 4.5" steel wheels from a 1300 - CAD Study so no performance info necessary.

Thx

Not the best picture

but I went out and snapped this photo of one of the steel wheels from my 78. I hope it is 4.5" :)

IM002678.jpg

This was taken with a straight edge across the rim and a square standing across the mounting surface of the wheel. Looks like it read 4 1/8" inches at the lower edge of the straight edge. (The 3 1/8" is the short side of the square, but I bet you knew that)

Let me know if I did the measurement wrong.

I'd kiss you but people would talk...

are they 145 tires? Don't recall is the 78s were 145s or 165s. Looking or 145s.

thx

Probably not the stock tires

but the currently mounted tires are Michelin MX4 155-SR13 M+S. The X has about 60K on it, so I am guessing these are replacements.

I have a set of original 74' wheels complete with 145/13 tires. I'll dig them out tomorrow and measure the back space for you...

Bernice

Looking for actual backspace or offset of 4.5" steel wheels from a 1300 - CAD Study so no performance info necessary.

Thx

Back space for the stock 4.5" wide wheels appear to be about 4.05" or 160mm from the lip of the wheel to the hub flange seating surface.

This measurement is from a original 74' steel wheel with a 145/13 tire.

Bernice

Thx

Back