Anyone know this X in CT?

X1/9-Ark

Daily Driver
Wow, I can’t believe the site still remembers my username. Anyway hello all, I’m not even sure how many years it’s been since I posted anything, but I do still shadow here from time to time. Unfortunately my X is no longer with me and I have missed it every day since. Which brings me to this:

In searching around for another X I came across this listing. I don’t know when it is from, but I happen to now live in the same town as the location of this car and I’m interested to know if it belongs/belonged to anyone here? Thanks everyone.

- Barjon

Wow, that is a lot of work on that car. For the costs required to get it on the road you could probably find a better example, and still pay for airfare there and hotel/gas/food back. Just saying... Welcome back!

Wow, I can’t believe the site still remembers my username. Anyway hello all, I’m not even sure how many years it’s been since I posted anything, but I do still shadow here from time to time. Unfortunately my X is no longer with me and I have missed it every day since. Which brings me to this:

In searching around for another X I came across this listing. I don’t know when it is from, but I happen to now live in the same town as the location of this car and I’m interested to know if it belongs/belonged to anyone here? Thanks everyone.

- Barjon
It looks like paint code 398.

There is a 1981 Fiat X1/9 for sale right now on bring a trailer. You should check that one out. It has fuel injection too! Or you can have one fully restored like I did on my 1982 X1/9 from Midwest-Bayless.

Attachments

• 20201023_121542.jpg
    20201023_121542.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 20210625_134919.jpg
    20210625_134919.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 47
I have started looking at Midwest-Bayless. One of the projects would be more my budget, which is fine since I want a custom car and I have a collection of part’s from the previous cars. I was partly hoping that the car I posted might belong to another X enthusiast. It would be pretty cool to have someone close by. It seems the number of east coast members is fairly small.

Barjon - I'm an X1/9 enthusiast in Connecticut. I just completed a restoration of my '74 X1/9 this year, and it won a 1st in class at Fiat Freakout. I'm happy to share my experiences and I can connect you with several other X1/9 owners in the northeastern US.

Paul

Barjon - I'm an X1/9 enthusiast in Connecticut. I just completed a restoration of my '74 X1/9 this year, and it won a 1st in class at Fiat Freakout. I'm happy to share my experiences and I can connect you with several other X1/9 owners in the northeastern US.

Paul
Paul, I too classify myself as a CT X1/9 enthusiast. I have a ‘74 in Weston. Are you in southwest CT?

If I ever see the car I will definitely have to find out about those seats! The rear wing and wheels also got my attention. I wonder if the wheels were “made to fit”.

Back