are windshield washer fluid reservoir and brake fluid reservoir the same plastic?

Gary McCormick

True Classic
Saw some posts about "welding" cracks in the top of my brake fluid reservoir, but don't have a scrap one of those for the source plastic.

I do have a spare plastic windshield washer fluid tank that I could cannibalize. Does anyone know if it is the same plastic material?

Gary McCormick
Carlisle. PA

I used Seal All on carb floats, my washer tank, my fuel level sender float..... lots of places over the years
works every time. Good hardware store should have it. Impervious to everything, it seems.
598_seal-all.jpg

Last edited:
!

It's the same, but please don't waste that washer tank. Sell it to somone who needs it!

At the hardware store, you can get a two part epoxy that is specially made for plastics. It comes in one of those double syringe things that meters out a 50/50 mix as you dispense it. It stinks, but it works. I used it to repair the plastic fenders on my ATV. Good stuff, very stinky. But melting that plastic smells the same.

You can actually mold the epoxy into a donor sheet by spreading some out on a piece of glass, then pealing it off when dry. Then epoxy the donor sheet over the hole.

Back