Article on Midwest Bayless in Oct. Car & Driver

No JJay...

....One of our master technicians. Art. He has more years experience working on these cars, then you have been alive.

"Art" ??

Faint bell of recognition going off in head ...

When I bought my yellow X in the summer of 1978 over at Clifton's on Broad Street, their main service guy was also named Art, and it was he who dealer prepped my new X.

Same guy?

If so, small world!

Thanks for the link!

I dunno, the article seemed OK to me, but then again I wasn't expecting too much from a one-pager, especially when 1/3 of the page is the photo.

They could have made a better decision than to use the online photo space for stock photos of FIATs and Yugos, though! Why not mix in some of Matt's restos and at least one pic of one of the K20 cars.

( .... continues to explore the deep dark corners of a long forgotten memory ... )

Was it Art Hughes, maybe?

Yes...

....Art Hughes it is.

Wolverines?!? We don't need no stinkin' wolverines!!! We are the BUCKEYE Nation!!!!

Quite a few of the big car mags are based in Ann Arbor. Never really understood why. It IS a nice town, however.
I am going up there Saturday to The Big House to watch Michigan LOSE!!!

Car and Driver

Oh well it coulda been worse
they could have photoshopped a new Camaro or new Mustang
in the shop.
Either way congrats to the peeps at Midwest. it is still a recognition of your accomplishments.:clap:
A word to Ms. Goodwrench, telling the press they are idiots ..doesn't help. KEEP THE FAITH! everyone.
Ron

OI, I'm a Wolverine. Miss Ann Arbor a lot, such a great little town.

The car magazines though...

ps. we won... nee-nir. :dance:

HA! HA!

...ONLY a Michigan fan could call that a win! They struggled the entire game against puny UMass. The Big House was quiet most of the game. NO defense should bode them well against Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State...and ESPECIALLY The Ohio State University (see Nov 27 in The Shoe)! They suck so bad that even hometown corporate headquartered Dominoes Pizza won't sell their product in the stadium anymore. Good thing I like Hungry Howies!:woot:

The Michigan stadium improvements, now finished do look great, though. If you get a chance, you should check it out.

...ONLY a Michigan fan could call that a win! They struggled the entire game against puny UMass. The Big House was quiet most of the game. NO defense should bode them well against Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State...and ESPECIALLY The Ohio State University (see Nov 27 in The Shoe)! They suck so bad that even hometown corporate headquartered Dominoes Pizza won't sell their product in the stadium anymore. Good thing I like Hungry Howies!:woot:

The Michigan stadium improvements, now finished do look great, though. If you get a chance, you should check it out.

Wow, that was rough. :p Yeah, I know, I know... the game against UMass sucked. I heard some people say it was the most disappointing win in a long time. Anyway, hopefully they'll sort out their defense quickly! On the other hand, they did pretty good against Notre Dame; that was a fun game.

Are you kidding about the Domino's thing though? That sounds pretty weird. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Michigan sporting director, David Brandon, being the former CEO of Domino's Pizza? Maybe some conflict of interest? I can't imagine a local company turning their back on the Wolverines just because of a couple years of Rich Rodriguez.

Would love to get out to Ann Arbor and see the updated Big House. Haven't visited now for a good six years. :(

Anyway, Rich done good beating ND. He better beat Michigan State and Ohio State this year, or that's it... off with his head. :jedi:

This ones for you, Ryan...

tressel.jpg

Back