Atlanta Italian Car Day

JDExSquid

Dodge 2.2TII Swap
Italian Car Day 2010!

Saturday, October 9th, 2010

Atlanta’s 14th Annual Italian Car Day!

Date: Saturday, Oct. 9th, 2010, 10 AM to 3 PM
Place: Kurt’s Restaurant, 4225 River Green Pkwy , Duluth , GA 30096 (770-623-4128)
The event site is in North Atlanta in Duluth , GA off Peachtree Industrial Boulevard . Show officially starts at 10 AM. First come, first served at registration and on the field.
Directions: From Atlanta: Take I-85 North outside the Perimeter to Exit 104, Pleasant Hill
Turn left and go 4 1/2 miles to Peachtree Industrial Blvd. Right on Peachtree Industrial, go to second traffic Light ( River Green Parkway ) Left into River Green Parkway behind AGCO.
From I-285: take Exit 31, Peachtree Industrial north 12 miles outside the Perimeter.
The road forks just past Jimmy Carter Blvd. , stay to the right going north on Peachtree Industrial. After 12 miles you will cross Pleasant Hill Road . Go 1 mile to second traffic light, make left to River Green Parkway , the second building on the right. Spectator parking is just past Kurt’s entrance.
VEHICLE REGISTRATION INCLUDES:
DASH DISPLAY CARD (numbered for voting)
ONE OFFICIAL VOTING BALLOT
TEN RAFFLE TICKETS for door prizes donated by vendors.
Registration fee $20/vehicle (lunch not included). All registration is at the door like last year:
Registered vehicles are eligible for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place "Owner's Choice" Trophy for their registered marque class plus the coveted "Best of Show" award. Italian Motorcycles have their own class. Spectators admission is free.
LUNCH! Enjoy Kurt’s fine Italian Buffet with drink & dessert served at noon. $15 adult, $7 children
No reservations required for lunch. http://www.kurtsrestaurant.com/
Raffle tickets sold at the event for $1 each. Drawings at the show. Visitors may buy raffle tickets. New sponsors welcome.
Car Show Rain Date: Saturday, Oct. 16th, 10AM to 3PM
Info: John Montgomery, 864-895-9991 evenings, E mail: bertoneman*aol.com Page 1 of 2

Italian Car Day Sunday Drive!

Sunday, October 10th, 2010
Presenting the ICD Fall Colors Driving Tour!
The drive is open to all Italian and non-Italian vehicles. Pack the picnic basket and hit the road Italian style! This year we’ll show the cars on Saturday and take a fall colors tour on Sunday!
The fun starts on Sunday morning, departing familiar Kurt’s parking lot at 10 AM sharp!
The Fall Colors tour covers 130 miles. We'll depart Kurt’s in Duluth , then take GA 120 to GA 400 North traveling to Dahlonega. From Dahlonega we’ll take Highway #60 toward Suches on the challenging and beautiful scenic roads. Our lunchtime stop is Vogel State Park where a group pavilion has been reserved for everyone to enjoy their picnic lunch. Remember, no alcohol is permitted while on the tour and at the park!
After our leisurely Italian ‘al fresco’ lunch we depart Vogel State Park for Highway 129 South, then Highway 19 South to GA 400 South and cruise back to the Atlanta metro area.
A $5 fee per person applies to cover insurance through J.C. Taylor and Fiat Lancia Unlimited.*
The ICD Fall Colors Tour will have three stops*:
1. Kurt’s Restaurant caravan departs 10 AM Sharp.
2. Dahlonega I-400 * Hwy. #60 arrives at Chevron at 10:45 AM for 10 min. restroom/fuel stop
3. Vogel State Park Picnic Lunch, 1 PM-2:30 PM (Admission $3 / car), a group pavilion is reserved.
*Driving event insurance requires Day Membership in Fiat Lancia Unlimited. $5 per participant.
Contact: John Montgomery Bertoneman*aol.com or call 864-895-9991 evenings www.flu.org

Had a great time!

My car ran great and I got to visit a lot of my Fiat buddies. The drive Sunday was refreshing, with beautiful scenery and fun roads. My four hour drive home was also great and uneventful! Thanks go to John Montgomery for putting this show on every year.

Great fun...

It was nice to see everyone again and get a chance to drive the X in the mountains. The show was nice, food great and thanks to Jeff D. for putting us up for the night. Thanks John M. for always making this happen.

Car ran great except for the starting issue, had to roll it off a couple of times, never stranded though.
Brett

Good to see everyone there!

The drive on Sunday was nice and began with a customary breakdown of FIATs! Denise had a small spark plug issue and a Spider had to drop out due to no alternator output. No other issues cropped up and the rest of the trip was excellent. There were three X's, an Alfa GTV6, an 850 spider and a brand new Ferarri GTO (one of two in the US). Craig and a 2000 Spider guy met us up in Dahlonega. Brett, wish you could have been there!
IMG_20101010_120558.jpg

IMG_20101010_133209.jpg

Wow...

Wish I could have stayed for the drive. I had to make tracks to get home a little earlier than expected. Would have loved to follow that Ferrari, or any of you guys of course. With my car not starting consistently, I didn't want to hold anyone up. It only failed twice over the whole weekend but I never knew when it was not going to start.

Glad things went well.

Sounds like a great time. Hope we have something this year. Me being a newbie (1987 X1/9) and in the Atlanta area (Gwinnett) just trying to find different events and stuff.

John

Hey John,glad to see another ATL. area car !I have a X and a Spider,and live in the mountains in the Blairsville area.We had a good ride up here in late fall,and plan one for the Spring.Why dont you send me your email,and I will contact you for the next one?We might even talk Jim Daniel into coming up! Dont forget that Fiat Freakout is in Nashville this year,mant ATL guys will be driving to that,probablyin a caravan.
Craig
nuker598*yahoo.com

Craig, I'm COUNTING on a drive this spring!

If you ever get to this side of town you'l have to see the progress on my "freebie"!

Back