Auxiliary Air Hose size

Michael Oxman

The Journey Begins!
I want to replace the hose pieces that are red in this pic (stole the picture from an old Ben Louis post - thanks Ben!). I believe it is the auxiliary air hose part no 4446161, or maybe its a breather hose. Does anyone know the ID so maybe I can just go to Napa and get something off the shelf? I tried to use my calipers and I'm getting an ID of 19/32, but both my hoses have seen better days and its hard to get a good read.

Breather Hose.jpg

I have a few AAV's in the basement - I'll check one today. I recall using a Volvo hose (priced by the meter) to replace that - it needs to be EPDM (or is it EDPM, I forget) or the oil vapors that can accumulate with normal closed system crankcase breathing turn it to mush.

Either 945751 or 949701

I have bought lengths of EPDM off McMasterCarr, however getting the correct wall thickness that won't collapse can be tricky.

I'm thinking it's the 949701, as I used the larger 945751 here - and needed a step to increase the plenum port to match the ID - the IACV has a larger OD than the AAV's. Anyway, I'll check later

X19-0107e.jpg

EDIT: The stock outlet has the moulded 90º - which will be problematic with generic line. You may need to add a 90º splice if using generic hose for this, I don't think there is room to safely loop a non-formed hose back to the inlet 'pipe'

X19-0906.jpg

Last edited:
I'm thinking it's the 949701, as I used the larger 945751 here - and needed a step to increase the plenum port to match the ID - the IACV has a larger OD than the AAV's. Anyway, I'll check later.

949701 is EPDM and has a 14mm ID, which works for my measurements. You have an excellent memory!!

Back