Awesome '78 For Sale

docante

Low Mileage
I just bought a near perfect and original 78 X1/9 from a neighbor here in Southern California, who needed space in his garage.
One family owned since new. Original Silver paint. Documented 76k original miles. All receipts since new including original window sticker. Boxes of spare parts, records,notes. New everything, current Ca smog cert, blue license plates. Everything working perfect. Amazing condition-owner was a retired engineer. True time capsule kind of car. Fanatical ownership. Why am I selling?
I would like to recover the driver seat ( that is the ONLY thing needed) and am frustrated I cant get many parts for this car, and dont have time or patience to try to find stuff, so I think it is better to sell him to a good home to someone here that will give him the same level of care. Id rather take the $$$ and spend it on my Jag Xk8 that needs some maintanence.Send a pm to me and I can get you pictures. Thanks in advance!

Welp... a GOOD reason and a REAL reason...

But your reasoning around parts availability is flawed.

I'll not try to convince you to keep it, as obviously the passion is not there... but please do send me fotos and I'll post them here and in the FS&W section for ya... You should also include an "asking price"...

natolial*pacbell.net (The ampersand ("at" sign) is replaced by a * on this board)

....Then I guess my loss is your gain. Even better reason for you to buy it.
I will send you some pics to post.
Price is 5k but willing to negotiate upwards!

Ummmmm

Id rather take the $$$ and spend it on my Jag Xk8 that needs some maintenance.

Isn't selling an X to raise maintenance money for a Jag sort of like trying to hold a bake sale to retire the national debt? Why not sell the Jag and buy a different X for each day of the week?

:innocent: :)

Fotos here...

IMG00114.jpg

IMG00110.jpg

IMG00115.jpg

Back