"Barn find" 74 X on CL in Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Montana, Big Sky, little car, BIGGER TIRES.

Those are some meaty shoes on that 74. :) The car looks nice on the outside.

How come Xs are always advertised for sale sitting on trailers? I rarely see a spider advertised that way, even if most of the spiders I have bought needed to be trailered home!

Any car you can drive home isn't worth having IMO... Except for my two brand new X1/9s all my favorite cars came home on a trailer or dolly... :)

Last edited:
Got to talk to the seller. Nice fella but I'm afraid he doesn't have an objective view of it's value. He's probably looking at Matt's 74 (possibly the highest price ever "actually" paid in history) and the ridiculous buy it now prices for the three currently on ebay and thinking it's worth.....?????? I don't know. Never did get a number from him. Says he's going to restore it for resale.
Anyway it's supposedly 100% rust free but we all know there is no way this car spent 12 years on the road in the Colorado, Montana area (it's in Billings actually), then stored in a barn since 86 and is completely rust free. What's worse is it used to be that awesome Lime color. Why would it have been resprayed so early in it's life?
Anyway, if there is anyone here that lives near Billings go check it out. Maybe I'm overly cynical.

Good info JT.
Apparently posting on Xweb made him an instant Rock Star.
the asking price on the first ad was in the ballpark.
I imagine he got hammered with inquiries which made him think he hit Lotto.o_O

Sad to hear... The seller can make a small fortune restoring "barn finds"... but only if they have a large one to start with! Hopefully this person will do a tasteful, high quality restoration that they can admire in their barn for years to come!
Regards

I'm hoping he succeeds. X's really should be worth much more. Maybe he'll flip the market for us.
I've got several solid enough for restoring and of course every part I could ever want. I might actually break even some day. Excited!!
The orange 74 is coming along nicely by the way.

considering these little turds have a whopping 85 horse on a good day what does it matter if this car gets restored or parted out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back