Bertone Cromodora Wheel Caps

1983 blanco bertone

True Classic
Hey, anyone want to part with some original bertone caps?????

OR anyone know how to refurbish these guys? They look like hell, but they are all original and I don't want to put stickers over my caps. The rims are green/gold...sigh!!! Wish Bertone had choosen Silver, but the pow is in the caps and they look bad! Old and tired! IDEAS?:eek:

Thanks!

Which wheels do you have?

My rims were gold and black when I purchased the car (to match the gold paint and the black of the tires(?)) I repainted them to be silver, (as someone who had said to me, "the color our divine creator intended them to be!")

Take a look at the Histowheels website for Cromodora if you need help identifying what you got.

Larry
'79 X1/9

Going by some pics I saw of his car,seems like he has the Cromodoras Iron Cross wheels........right?....

Going by some pics I saw of his car,seems like he has the Cromodoras Iron Cross wheels........right?....

They are either CD16 if 13" or CD19 if 14"(rare as they came on Spider Turbos).Blanco Bertone,please check your wheels and then hit the link provided by Larry then ID your wheel and let us know.

Re: CD19

They are either CD16 if 13" or CD19 if 14"(rare as they came on Spider Turbos).

The Cromodora CD19 (aka the 14" version of the CD16 Iron Cross) is the wheel for the 124 Spider Anniversary Edition, not the 124 Spider Turbo. The 124 Spider Turbo had its own special wheel, the Cromodora CD134 (also made by Speedline & called the SL133):

All 3 wheels noted share the same size center cap, as do the X1/9's CD91 & the Speedline "Phonedial" wheel (which normally has the Bertone "b" in the center of the cap):

Mystery Solved they are the 16s

Cromodora cd 16s Stats say they are 5.5. I have 165/70r13s on them and looks like I not only need caps, but also new tires 185/60s. I found some Nexens for about $60/tire which INCLUDES shipping/freight. I think I can live with the current tires for a while, but I really would like some caps that look decent....or to refurbish these. I bought some "wipe new".....:eat: I doubt seriously that it will help...these caps are not wiping clean!

These are not mine...thanks midwest for the pic!

The Cromodora CD19 (aka the 14" version of the CD16 Iron Cross) is the wheel for the 124 Spider Anniversary Edition, not the 124 Spider Turbo. The 124 Spider Turbo had its own special wheel, the Cromodora CD134 (also made by Speedline & called the SL133):

All 3 wheels noted share the same size center cap, as do the X1/9's CD91 & the Speedline "Phonedial" wheel (which normally has the Bertone "b" in the center of the cap):

Thanks for correcting me Jeff,im always amazed by your deep knowledge which I may put to work in 6-8 weeks after a purchase of another Fiat!!!....thanks

Back