Bertone Schematic - Wil (abec) and interested others...

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
Go here:

http://www.lemley.net/electric/bertone_schematic/

It's hard to read online but prints out extremely well. I suggest many pages should be printed with a LANDSCAPE format... and they also can me massages in other programs. Read the suggestions on the title page.

I've found this schematic to be extremely accurate and helpful. Print it out and keep it handy...

And for WIL... I THINK I found what that SWITCH is for that was mounted to the head with the GRY/YEL wiring... see page 7, item 25 of the schematic. If I'm off base... ya might try taking a foto of it and post it here for others to research for ya...

Last edited:
Ha... Great, but shouldn't you be doing homework???

Did ya see the part about the FI Fan Switch I mentioned... I mentioned in passing when I was at your place that device appears to be a switch... like the radiator fan switch... and now it makes sense. It bolts to the head... senses the heat there... and then turns on the FI fan when needed.

On carbed cars... the carb cooling fan only comes on when the engine is OFF... but I believe the FI fan is wired independent of the ignition switch and comes on whether the engine is running or not. More circuit tracing would be required to prove that... I'll leave that up to you after you get done with your classes. Oh... and for carbed cars... I can definitely recommend removing the carb fan and all its associated stuff, especially if you don't run a rain tray... but I have no experience with the FI cars on whether or not this is a good thing to do.

Back