Best way to clean an engine?

Spray it on, let it soak in, start engine, as it warms up, the heat will soften the goop, spray again, then wash off with light pressure....

Only the most stubborn gunk will remain for the repeated application and scrubbing...

You said yourself that "Superclean" is not for novices, I consider myself quite the novice. I have a full bottle of Purple Power and if that isn't enough to get it to satisfactory levels (probably still dirty by some people's standards but I have no show car aspirations) I guess I'll be forced to resort to more drastic measures.

My experience is that superclean isn't good for anything except bare-metal cleaning. Don't let anything water based and purple anywhere near your car, you'll regret it!

If you must use water-based, simple green is less effective on heavy grease but won't damage paint and plastics. After the car is cleaned with gunk, you can keep it looking good with simple green washes.

Best Way to Clean an Engine??

I say this tongue in cheek. As a very last resort, you can get the engine rebuilt. My 79X needed an engine rebuild a few months ago. When the engine returned from the engine shop, it had been cleaned, honed, and the block is clean and shiny. Looks new, runs great, and should be in almost new condition for a long time. Now I just need to follow some of the suggestions to keep it looking that way.

Mike

Back