Black paint shiny stuff

Jeremy128

True Classic
I decided to clean my truck today. It was very dirty. I hadn't washed it in months, and waxed it in over a year. I picked up a Turtle wax product called "black box kit". It cost just under $20 and was worth it.
It has a prewax cleaner, wax, and the detailing mist with 2 applicator pads. The whole set up is designed specifically for black cars. The wax, cleaner, and mist was all black. When all said and done. It looked pretty good, and was in my opinion, worth the $. THe only thing I could have done to make it look better was to clay bar the entire truck first. But that was not gonna happen this time. Maybe in the fall.
If anyone would like to see the finished product on the truck, let me know, I can snap some pics tomorrow.
I've also heard good things about a product caleld "ice". I think it is a Mcguires product.

I use the black Turtle Wax

on my Xs. It covers little scratches/blemishes pretty well.

I tried that "ICE" crap and did not like it. It felt oily and seemed to be hard to get off.

My old faithful is Liquid Glass.

Heres some pics. Looks pretty good! I had several scrathes in the paint from my dog jumping up to look inside. Her claws tore up the paint around the door handles, and beneath windows.

truck4s.jpg

By jeremy128, shot with SPH-M540 at 2009-07-16

truck5i.jpg

truck2a.jpg

truck1h.jpg

truck3w.jpg

Back