Breaking news. Dallara Spotted in the Wild....She Runs...Whoohooo....Pics and Video

... take a foto and not move... and still NOT manage to show any detail???

My Lord... So it APPEARS the wheels clear the COILOVERS on the FAZA car OK, and even LOOK OK releative to the flairs.

Do they clear the STRUTS on the DALLARA? IMHO, they do NOT look OK on this car... and appear a bit lost in the flairs. Even if spaced out, I have a problem with the POSITIVE offset (ala Ferrari look) with these wheels on the Dallara. But that is a matter of taste.

First, they need to FIT and then WORK before the looks are considered... Function BEFORE Form...

JJ,i agree with Tony on this one,seems the offset on this beautiful HRE wheels are not the correct ones for you application here.You are going to need some massive spacers from Charlie to see if they work.Too much spacers width mean your wheel hub bearings are gonna suffer also.Even with coilovers,which give you more wheel/tire space,you are gonna have problems.But i see your wheels are 3 piece units,if so its time to start measuring and start contemplating the option of changing/buying $$ different outer and inner rings sizes from HRE.The offset on this wheels definately are not suited for the Dallara from what i can see.I have 13x8 BWA wheels with 215/50-13`s on my Faza/Abarth replica on coilovers and even with spacers it was a very tight fit.And my wheels have a lot of outer lip compare to almost none on yours.Call Charlie and start working on this.........he`s got the expertise on this matter for sure..........let us know what comes up.....Albert

I agree Albert. I will work on this. Say does anyone remember the names of those two companies that make lips for wheels? HRE doesnt have any bolt paterns that match these wheels so I cant go any further with them. I would love to send out these rims to the right folks. I think I will keep the fronts the way they are and add about 2 inches Lip to these wheels for the rears. From there I should be fine. Charlie comes over to my place every month or so and we measure. I have him coming back this way in a few weeks... I will keep you posted....:eat:

Check with BBS,,,,i `ll dig around see if i have some links or info in my "olskool" library.But car still looks good on those revo 13x7!!!Good luck and check you email.......Albert

Ok. Cleaned up the Fuse Box today and got Brake lights working. The radiator fan works but only if I bypass the relay. I guess I either need a new relay or something isnt plugged right on the fuse box.

I will get a new battery and get the car registered next Saturday. So I guess then I can officially call this car Road Worthy minus some small details like those turn signal lenses (Yes I ordered them). I also need to do some small details like put some inserts behind the air scoops so its not so barren in there... Best of France Here we come whoopee.. Now Lets start getting the FAZA car back together...:wacko:

I dont live far from albert. lol:headbang:

Hey!!!..Hi Mike,have we met?...lol,,sorry to ask but i`m very bad with names,sad truth,sorry.Well,for sure don`t remember seeing your Dallara anywhere near me.But would love to meet you and check your car!!!..are you planning attending the Italian car show over in Grapevine this weekend?.Im planning and i think some of the local(Dallas and FtWorth area) x owners will probably go.LMK...`ll be driving my never finished Faza/Abarth X19 replica,the one in my avatar.Send me your email address so i can keep it in my records for future "impromptu" get togethers...lol..............where the hell is Rowlett:huh:....?....well ill dig it out in mapquest.I`m in Haslet,north FtWorth right on 81/287 and i35W and close to Alliance airport........Albert

There are people who will widen them for you...but personally, I think those wheels are too oldschool vintage sexy party to mess with them, either use them in current form or put them on the Faza car...my 2 cents...

:wink2::shock2::dance:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVyo94j9f1M"]YouTube - M4H05038[/ame]

engine sounds great JJ:woot:,but i can still hear that quirky noise...have you found the cause of it?....Al

I think its the Axles. The car is about an inch too low in the rear and it has those early axles from the 74 that fit into the trans. Not like the 1500 set up with alan bolts... I think if I raise the car It will go away. If its not the axles then its the gear box and there is nothing I can do other than just drive it until it explodes again then put in a Toyota Engine with a Super charger...:woot:

Don`t think its the transmission,it can be the axles,it can be your emergency brake cable rubbing,or just the wheels rubbing against the calipers or something like wheel weights or the caliper and disc shield etc.Try lifting the car and turning the wheels by hand,sound is not gonna be that loud like when driving so pay attention.Look for fresh rubbing areas....Albert

Beautiful

The car looks and sounds like a $40,000 car. To find the sound you could try pushing it with the motor off and a couple assistants with good ears walking along. On a lift you could listen for brake/wheel weight sounds, but not some of the other suggestions.
Who did the paint?

Yea Next weekend I will do some more Diagnostics. The paint was done here at a local shop. Here are a few pics I took today...

DSC05090-1.jpg

DSC05089-1.jpg

DSC05086-1.jpg

DSC05036-1.jpg

DSC05035-1.jpg

DSC05088-1.jpg

She made it to Cars and Coffee today. thanks to Randy for encouragement. I will be posting pics of his car up on the event thread under cars and coffee pics...

DSC05126-1-1.jpg

DSC05125-1-1.jpg

DSC05122-1-1.jpg

DSC05121-1.jpg

DSC05126-1.jpg

DSC05139-1.jpg

Ok got it, so this time i`m gonna try to get there on Friday night,this way i can attend both C&C on sat and BFI on sunday!!!!......Thanks!!!...Al

Back