Breaking News... Tremendous SNOW STORM hits SoCal

Black-Tooth

Tony Natoli
Prized FIAT X1/9 BURIED under millimeters of acid snowfall...

35 DEGREES and still falling! Oh noooooo!

BTW... the last time it snow here was 1-2-89 and the time before that was 37 years ago, on 1-2-74... The day my daughter was born. My daughter is DUE today to have our newest grandson.... this MAY be an Omen!

Doesn't count....

Now THIS is snow... :eek: :)

housesnow001smlu0.jpg

Batten down the hatches...

.... horrible So Cal weather is here!!!!

(Me thinks others back East my have had it a bit worse...)

Tony, are you sure that's not just FROST?!? I've been seeing evidence of snow around my area, but here near the house, there's just frost on the ground that looks alot like what you've got in your yard. And congrats on the newest member of your family! Is a new "tree house" in order? :dance2:

HAHAHA... Nope, no new "treehouse"...

... and it's technically I'm told, a "tea room"...

But the "tea party-ers" are now 16 and 8 years old and too big to fit.

When the grandson arrives... it will be converted to what is shoulda been all along...

A FORT!

Hey Jeff, you know as well as I...

... that 3mm of frost in LA-LA-LAND is the equivalent of BLACK ICE anywhere else in the world!

More BLIZZARD fotos...

View from our upper rear deck...

</noscript>

Our Front Yard...

And finally....

Naw... this one is a lie... HA!

Got me... but not MORE prized...

... just more likely to get stolen and more trouble to keep clean!

Believe it or not, I've had two cars stolen within 3 months time back in '99 out of my driveway... got one back stripped three weeks later after retrieving it ourselves 2 blocks down from the Rampart Division Police Department and the other 15 months later with 20,000 more miles on it and a different engine. This was '66 Bug that someone tried to register in San Fernando... and was being driven at the time from Lancaster to the Pasadena Art Center on a daily basis.

Nice huh?

With the garage open I have people stopping and staring at the Vette and I can leave the keys in the Fiat with the engine running and nobody will touch it! HA!

That photo of your front yard

Belongs on next year's Christmas card! Nice one Tony.
I'll "officially qualify" that photo... :thumbsup: :)

We haven't gotten hammered hard with snow yet but I did have the top off the Fiat Friday (58 degrees!) and 18 hours later, it was in the 20s (the top is back on now).

Tony, we got the tremendous snow also as

evidenced by my pix of my 1/1/2011 drive in Big Bird if you saw them. Terrible driving conditions. :headbang: I've still got some mud on the tires.

Congrats on the grandson. When do you think you'll let him borrow the keys to Black-Tooth?:devil:

Mike

What? That ain't snow....

He have had about 30" in the past few weeks and a day in the 40's with lots of rain that day. Then it got cold.....-15. Heck we had an inch of snow this afternoon during rush hour......
All I can say is ENJOY the rare event. It will melt. It always does here....I call it the Glacier is receiding.....
Nice rare pics from so cal...and the best you don't get the salt on the roads to melt the snow and our cars..... Beware of GLOBAL WARMING!
Most of all Congrats on the soon to be member of you family:)

great post, Tony

but be careful out there... be sure to bundle up whenever you venture out into that [near] frozen tundra and don't throw your back out shoveling all of that stuff!

Tony hunker down and wait for the weather to clear. And make sure your shoes have good traction.

Welp you have to remember you can't get a good window scraper in LA let alone a snow shovel. Down there Toro is what they yell at bulls.

New Years day I saw six motorcycles going around lake Nokomis. It Must have been at least 10 above.

DaveR

Papa Tony, Lest you mention that it gets a bit

warm here at times? Like the +113F last September when we had the Fiat Fun Day with Mr. Wizard at your house. I think the condensation on the beer cans was forming so rapidly that it was like a torrential downpour on your driveway.

Mike

Back