Brown Wire Mod??

I am a bit late to this but I got a lot of great information from this forum for the updates to the wiring. A few things that I noticed are that the conversion to LED headlights really cuts the draw so much that I may have not needed to do the Headlight relays but since I was also doing a big air horn and wiper mode along with the BWM I did it. I used a $15 relay and fuse box (amazon) on its own power for all the mods. As you can see from the image there is a Breaker (just using as a switch) that powers the fuse box through bus bars. The second power line off the breaker goes to another bus bar under the pass foot well near the fuse/relay box. All wiring was up-sized removing the 4way connector and new connectors near the ignition that allowed bigger wire right up to the key. I will replace the fuse box under the dash with a modern Lada version with blade fuses at a later date when the dash is out. I have replaced all light to LEDs which really cuts the draw. I notice that the biggest draw is raising and lowering the headlights.

View attachment 27936
Is this the fuse / relay box you bought?

Back