Can't get the cylinder head out of the block

cozzoi

George
I removed all bolts and nuts ....and nothing.
Engine is out of the car
Any "in house" removal procedure to suggest?
I will appreciate some help
Thanks in advance

:happy:
I'm pretty sure you addressed this issue in previous threads by I couldn't fine any info.

More info needed...

Early, late or really late motor? The really late motors have 4 extra head bolts, little ones, down by the spark plugs. The early motors have studs that tend to stick to the head.

Recent discussions on this subject - remove cam box to close valves, then stuff rope down a spark plug hole and rotate engine. Or thread a busted spark plug tool down there, fill cylinder with oil and use grease gun to pressurize.

Or, get the head removal tool.

Pete

Listen to Pete, George... also...

Soak the studs and/or bolt holes with PB Blaster or WD40 and tap the head all around, repeat, repeat, repeat.

Let me know if I can help!

Engine is a 1500cc FI

Pete,
There are not extra bolts by the spark plugs.
I will soak the studs with WD40, let it seat for a day and then try your head removal tricks. Thank you.

Hey Tony! get your ass here, but please bring a chisel, a big hammer, and a digital micrometer so we can complete the job.

this is an idea

little costly maybe unless you can copy it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmuhdKBkrfQ"]YouTube - X1-9 Head Removal Tool.wmv[/ame]

I bought for 80 euro a tool on ebay.
Have not tested it yet, but here are some photos of the tool on the head.

keep taping and taping

nothing yet Tony, I'll keep trying
By the way....any chance you visit Culver City this weekend?

Finally removed the head

Didn't have the grease gun so I followed Tony's directions and it worked after tapping aprox. 250 times. Thank you all for your precious advice.
Now I can begin playing with the engine. Viewers/helpers/advisors are welcome!!!:italia:

Back