Can't get the steering wheel hub to seat all the way.

toddr124

Hagerstown, MD
The hub is a Momo 4013 which is made for the x19. I tried using a impact wrench to drive the nut farther with success. Any ideas?

Attachments

• PXL_20231125_222257850.jpg
    PXL_20231125_222257850.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 65
Is that a 4013? I don't recall the ribs. I have one with ribs like that but I'm pretty sure it's for an older Mercedes, and half again as deep as any Fiat type hub.

The switch cluster is adjustable to correct the excessive gap you show. Look for the clamp around the steering column , down under the dash.
Is the hub secure on the shaft?
Is the nut down securely, with a few threads showing above after tightening it down?

Can you check the dimensions and compare to the stock hub and the shaft? Just to double check it is the right part and will fit. How does it look from the nut side? do you have plenty of turns on the nut so its secure?

I have a mountney steering wheel boss and it doesn't work with the indicator cancelling and to make the horn work I have to bend up the pins for the horn to work.

I think boss manufacturers do this on purpose as they are not needed and unwanted if on a track.

Is that a 4013? I don't recall the ribs. I have one with ribs like that but I'm pretty sure it's for an older Mercedes, and half again as deep as any Fiat type hub.
Yes it's a 4013. I have one on my blue X and it looks the same.

The switch cluster is adjustable to correct the excessive gap you show. Look for the clamp around the steering column , down under the dash.
Is the hub secure on the shaft?
Is the nut down securely, with a few threads showing above after tightening it down?
I just replaced the switch cluster. Maybe I can adjust it. I will try.

Back