Capitol Offense lemons project up and running

bikesandcars

True Classic
We've been working really hard on the "east coast" X19 Lemons project. So hard i havn't been focused on pictures and posting like i was when we started.

We got the whole car together last saturday and took it for a brief test ride down the road, it runs really nice.

Thanks to Matt at MIdwest and Bernice / Chris for the advice and parts.

http://vimeo.com/11590843

We're doing a mariokart theme, hence the theme music in the above video.... enjoy :)

Great to see you LeMons X running..
Good luck and have FUN. You're all in for quite an experience.

Make sure the car get's some track test time to sort out them "bugs".

Bernice

We've been working really hard on the "east coast" X19 Lemons project. So hard i havn't been focused on pictures and posting like i was when we started.

We got the whole car together last saturday and took it for a brief test ride down the road, it runs really nice.

Thanks to Matt at MIdwest and Bernice / Chris for the advice and parts.

http://vimeo.com/11590843

We're doing a mariokart theme, hence the theme music in the above video.... enjoy :)

Congrats

Looks like you guys are having fun and that's important!

Good luck in your race.

:) We're testing Thursday at Pocono raceway here in Northeast Pennsylvania, I'll take some video's and pictures.

(I actually broke my camera between the roll cage install and the engine build, so I don't have nearly as many pics between cage and now....I'll try to make up for it with lots of event pics)

This project has been a LOT of work, and pretty challenging, but now that the car is running its getting a lot more fun. I'll keep you guys updated :)

Good to see your LeMons X is up and running. Power will always be an "issue" in the X until one does a drive train upgrade. What is far more important in LeMons racing is to keep that car lapping hour after hour.. and stay out of trouble, don't make any contact, not pass under yellow.

Penalties have become a very significant factor in LeMons and one of the keys to doing well at LeMons is to stay out of trouble. One black flag can cost you 1/2 hour or more.

Fastest car is many times not the winner, it goes to the smartest, cleanest driver team, reliable car that is fast enough (lap times in the upper 1/3 or the field), being consistent and racing luck.

We will be cheering for you.. Good luck.

Bernice

Our test day at Pocono went well, the suspension is working well, and the car is running strong and sounds good. The power isn't blowing me away, but it has a nice smooth torque curve.

http://vimeo.com/11795293

Hey, those look like my old wheels at Pocono!

Just curious, are they 15"ers that look like they are 3 piece, but in fact are single piece because the allen screws are fake? Did you buy them from me on Ebay??? I have never seen another set except mine... Cool!

Those are actually the BBS cast one-piece wheels that were popular at the time for VW GTI's/GLI"s and BMW 3-series. (80's). Not the more expensive 3-piece BBS. I had these on my 1990 VW GLI

The wheels are 4x100 x 40mm offset. our race tires/wheels for the car are 4x100 x 25mm offset. We're running 195/50 Dunlop Direzza Star Specs. we're using 1.25" adapter plates (4x98 to 4x100) lug centric, that seem to work quite well. These adapters allow the use of all common honda civic / vw wheels, and fit with minor modification. We had to modify the fender-well slightly due to the race wheel (25mm offset) sticking out and rubbing.

Back