Car is finally running right!!

Huey

True Classic
A big thank you to Jon @ Midwest 124 for finally getting my car tuned right. Ever since the build, I had been chasing a mysterious vacuum leak (or so I thought) and I could never get the thing idling correctly. I would tweak the ignition timing to the point where it idled right but it wouldn't run out good, and vice versa.

So I drove it out to Columbus (about an hour's drive from my home in Ohio) to have Jon look at it. Turns out, it wasn't a vacuum problem after all. It was a combination of throttle position switch and airflow meter adjustment. Now it runs and idles perfectly.

I could really tell the difference in driving it. On the way out to Columbus, the engine ran erratically at 70 MPH where it created this droning sound that drove me crazy. On the way back, it ran smoothly. It still has a very loud engine noise in the cabin but that's probably par for the course with these cars. But it ran smooth and easily kept up with traffic on I-70.

Now I just need to repaint it and it will be a perfect car.

Congrats Huey! Glad to hear you got it all worked out. I wish I was about an hour from MWB.

Back