carburetor

I have several NOS Weber carbs - 28/30 5-279, 28/30 6-179, and 28/30 6-279. I would take $145 each, your choice (plus shipping from Oklahoma.) I can provide pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_2193.jpg
    IMG_2193.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
But for someone who's just looking to simply swap an old carb with a brand new one (like I did earlier this year) it's a good deal. Got it cheap enough for me to put off desmogging the car, just to get it running and on the road.
Of course that plan went south when soon after (for other reasons besides the carb) it started running like !^#$.

I have several NOS Weber carbs - 28/30 5-279, 28/30 6-179, and 28/30 6-279. I would take $99 (new, lower price) each, your choice (plus shipping from Oklahoma.) I can provide pictures...

I have several NOS Weber carbs - 28/30 5-279, 28/30 6-179, and 28/30 6-279.
I WOULD TAKE $49 (new, lower price) each, your choice (plus shipping from Oklahoma.) I can provide pictures...

Steal? More like an expensive door stop. The 28/30 was the absolute worst carb on the X1/9.

Not really Jeff...
I always modify them so the secondaries open with my foot, instead of relying on the vacuum pod to do it. On my own 1979 California cars, I have been asked on tours "Just what do you have in this thing?".
Dead stock, secondaries open with my foot, passes California smog.

Beware of these carburetors. Fiat did a recall on them because they had metal shavings on them. Many dealers did the warranty claim and kept the old carburetors and just dropped them back into the original box. Others took the carburetors and never installed them unless the customer had issues. Fiat USA was disorganized, and paid warranty claims on this item without proof the carburetor was swapped.
If you get one that was never installed, great. If you get one full of metal shavings, you just inherited the reason for the recall.
Confirm with the seller what you are buying!

Back