Caribou Scorpion Catalog

I'm just glad more people weren't inspired to chop the tops of their cars. It loses so much of the cars identity.

What year is that from? Late '80s/early '90s would be my guess. I've got some old catalogs and leaflets here with Scorpion parts, would be fun to digitize them.

I had my first Scorpion around 1988, I worked at the time as the GM for a factory authorized fiat parts dealer so in theory getting parts should not have been much of an issue for me. I find now that I have my second Scorpion purchased about 3 years ago I can get parts from the Monte Hospital that I could not even think about getting back then. Still there are some parts that I wish I could get now that for a while you could like different bumpers. I got rid of my 1979 beta around 1990 as parts were impossible to get (pre internet for the most part) to keep the car nice, sure I could keep it on the road. I have some one offering me a 1976 HPE for pretty much free, started looking for parts and have passed on the car. All in all, parts supply is great for Scorpions considering how few of these cars were made and that they were made 4 decades ago. I picked up the car to be my daily driver, parked it for the winter months and am now considering selling it as I picked up a BMW I3 as they are cheap stupid quick and will pay for its self in only 4 years on fuel savings alone. As I am parking 10 cars in what is an over sized 3 car garage some thing has to give.

I had my first Scorpion around 1988, I worked at the time as the GM for a factory authorized fiat parts dealer so in theory getting parts should not have been much of an issue for me. I find now that I have my second Scorpion purchased about 3 years ago I can get parts from the Monte Hospital that I could not even think about getting back then. Still there are some parts that I wish I could get now that for a while you could like different bumpers. I got rid of my 1979 beta around 1990 as parts were impossible to get (pre internet for the most part) to keep the car nice, sure I could keep it on the road. I have some one offering me a 1976 HPE for pretty much free, started looking for parts and have passed on the car. All in all, parts supply is great for Scorpions considering how few of these cars were made and that they were made 4 decades ago. I picked up the car to be my daily driver, parked it for the winter months and am now considering selling it as I picked up a BMW I3 as they are cheap stupid quick and will pay for its self in only 4 years on fuel savings alone. As I am parking 10 cars in what is an over sized 3 car garage some thing has to give.
I feel your pain. I have 5 cars + m'cycle stuffed into an oversized 2 car garage. I have another classic (not Fiat related) sitting on the patio with multiple covers, and 4 daily driver types in the driveway. I wish I could bring myself to sell something, but I worked hard to get all this stuff. The only thing I haven't had is time to work on anything. While people were working on projects during the height of the pandemic last year, I was spending 6 days / week working in my home office, and unable to do anything useful on Sundays, totally exhausted. I am retiring at the end of the month and hope to start getting back into my cars. I'd love to own a nice HPE to go with my Scorpion.

Back