Carlisle 2010

ArtBasement

Erwin Timmers
Just got back from a round trip to Carlisle. I hadn't been in 5 years, it was good to catch up. Lots of Xs this year. I got quite the sunburn, and still didn't find the elusive center cap I had hoped to find. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
DSC_1361.jpg

DSC_1362.jpg

DSC_1363.jpg

More photos and other cars in this album: http://s405.photobucket.com/albums/pp135/artbasement/2010 Carlisle/

That looks like BB-4RE right there!

And she's looking good!
Thomas eat yer heart out! Ha!

A lot of X1/9s and many other non spider Fiats

I took my normal amount of pictures (none), but I did notice that spiders are being replaced with X1/9s, coupes and other Fiats. 10 years ago there were 50 spiders and about 5 other cars. Now spiders appeared to be less than half.

I did the grill trick again in my X1/9. It is hard to believe that a full size gas grill can fit in an X1/9.

I stopped by in the late AM & chatted with a couple of X owners - the light blue one with colour-matched bumpers, and another light blue shown parked after the red spider. Sorry, I met so many Volvo people yesterday, I have forgotten all the names!

Yep, that's BB-4RE, the PA version

Yep, the X pictured above was Bob Brown's. It was the real 1st trip out for the car since I've had it. Ran great! I did order my BB-4RE PA vanity plates, but they haven't arrived yet. Kind of disappointing as I would have liked to have had them for the show.

Great to put some faces with the names!
Bob

Would be great to see her...

...wearing the BB 4RE plates. That would make three different states plates that she will have worn her name on!! You ought to run her over here June 6th for the Midwest-Bayless Open House in Columbus.
blacknblue2004.jpg

This is a pic of her when I owned both her and Black X simultaneously a few years ago.

That reminds me...

I still have to mail out that plate to Bob F. Duhh! Bear with me Bob...

Wish I could make the Midwest event,

but unfortunately I'm really tied up that weekend. The irony is that I'll be in Spencer Ohio over Memorial weekend, the week before. The timing never seems to work out. :sigh:

Don't worry Bob, no hurry on the plate. I'll post some pics with the new PA plate when it arrives. Might be a while though as PA isn't too quick with these things.

Bob

Back