Check out my Scorpion...

BrettM

1981 RHD X1/9
http://brettspic.smugmug.com/Cars/1976-Lancia-Scorpion/26723857_PhxcFZ#!i=2236306482&k=4dJ4rhd

THe car is a good driver. I plan to detail the car and sell this spring for $4,250. If you ever wanted a nice driver red Scorpion, this is the one. Runs good, a little rough around the edges but a great 10 footer for sure.

I am not really ready to sell now, I am just sharing these photos to get thoughts on the car. It is really fun to drive.

DSC_0047-L.jpg

DSC_0042-L.jpg

DSC_0051-L.jpg

DSC_0075-L.jpg

Nice...

Nice! It looks pretty good in the pics. I appreciate all the photos, it allows me to see some differences between your car and mine.

For instance, I like the tucked pumper look. I think it's a reasonable compromise between the stock system and the Montecarlo style fiberglass versions, which probably don't provide any collision protection.

It also shows me that color-matching the face of the headlight pod doesn't look that good. If I were you I'd paint that black, and the little face plate next to it to the outside of the light.

Time for me to go paint my ashtray... :grin:

Black accents...

I totally agree with the black accents. I plan to do this as soon as I can. These cars really need the black at the ends and along the door to make up for some goofy proportions. The cars are striking when done properly. As soon as I get the nose and side strip back on, I will post more photos. ANy other suggestions? I am open. I also agree on the tucked bumpers on this car, it really improves the look without going all out.
thanks

Looks pretty nice Brett

How does working on one of these compare with working on an X? I have the garage space for another Italian now. :)

I would suggest doing one change at a time so you can evaluate the change. As mentioned before I also would like to see the headlight pod face and filler panel on the front painted black before you paint the nose band. I would also like to see the sill under the door line painted black before adding the side stripe. Looks like a nice car. My 2 cents.

DaveR

Good suggestions

I will do the changes in stages and snap some photos. Of course if it sells first, who knows ;)

I didn't mean the top and sides of the "nose band," just the front faces. I think the body color nose band and belt line are fine, kind of updates the look.

I can answer that question...:)

There is more room for reaching in and getting stuff done. There's still some PITA aspects, the goofy rear-mounted front brake booster is one.

But so far I've found it nice, it's 6" wider than the X and most of that room seems to be in the engine bay. Probably because they didn't include a rear trunk.

Many of the parts will be familiar to anyone how has or has had an X, and the T.C. powerplant is familiar to Spider, 131 and Beta owners.

Thanks Gregory

Good info. I have only seen one of these cars up close at FFO.

These compare nicely...

The suspension is the same as the X1/9 and the major components are very similar. Parts are harder to find for trim bits. The engine is much easier to get at and there is so much room in the engine bay it is crazy.

If you can paint the headlight pods and sides black, as they came originally, the car would look incredibly beautiful. Right now, it is just beautiful.
I have known scorpions since childhood, because my town's local doctor had one. It was gold and black, and had a fixed telephone installed (1978!!!!).

Back