Check this out !!!

rx1900

1981 X1/9
Okay, somebody here has to check this one out:

http://stjohns.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1974-Fiat-X1-9-Project-W0QQAdIdZ508760395

Not mine, no relation to seller.

Kijiji is sort of like the Canadian equivalent of Craigslist.

Check out the ad. 1974 X1/9 in storage indoors since .... 1974

And note the mileage !!!

For you Yanks not familiar with Canadian geography, St Johns is a city on the east side of Newfoundland, which is an island off the east coast of Canada. I didn't google it, but I think it's about 2000 miles from me (Toronto). Probably not much less to New York City. And hey Bob Brown, must be "only" 1500 miles or so from New Hampshire....Sorry, JJ, I think it must be at least 6000 miles from California...

Note that I think the link will no longer work if the ad is removed or expires (I think soon). Maybe someone here with better computor skills than I can figure out how to reproduce the ad here in a format we can see.

Ya gotta admit, interesting isn't it.....

Cheers, Doug

Been there (as in St Johns, Cape Spear, Quidi Vidi and no I didn't kiss the cod...but did enjoy at least one shot of screech) , one wishes there might be pics. An amazing find if it is what is stated.

How to get it back to the mainland is the question.

My sister's Saab died on PEI one time, towed to the ferry, towed onto the ferry, towed off the ferry and then towed to a Saab dealer in Maine. Wasn't a pretty bill...

Back