CNC work needed

BEEK

True Classic
Is there anyone here that can take a drawing with dimensions and produce a CNC part from it? If so PM me please!

Aluminum part, can be made out of 4" x 4" x 4" (block) piece of material, I have the material.

Last edited:
Part drawing in CAD or paper? Either will require programming for cnc production and tooling and set up. No small effort for a single part.
Typical shop cost per hour runs anywhere from $60 to $300 per hour plus tooling cost.

Alternative is to find a maker-space that has a suitable cnc machine where the part needed can be DIY once all the stuff required to run the part on the cnc machine is learned. Or post the request to a machinist forum like https://www.practicalmachinist.com/

Bernice

I agree with Bernice except for posting on Practical Machinist. I am on there and they are group of grumpy a$$ess that have no patience for hobbyist and one off parts. Look for a hobby machinist forum and you are likely to find someone near you.
Just my 2 cents

I agree with Bernice except for posting on Practical Machinist. I am on there and they are group of grumpy a$$ess that have no patience for hobbyist and one off parts. Look for a hobby machinist forum and you are likely to find someone near you.
Just my 2 cents
Yep, and how PM has changed.. Quite divided between working shop owners that do not have time for that "brand" of fixed in their ways machinist or retired machinist that are stuck in their ways..

There are a few that can be helpful..

Not gonna do that forum...
Bernice

Does it have to be cnc? Maybe machine it with traditional machining.

Got some pics of the part that’s needed and what it’s for? Maybe grow it out of plastic?

I have a CNC 3 axis machine that I use Cam Bam to draw with to make a part. It has a feature that converts the drawing to G Code. The issue I have is that I don't use the software to draw a part very often and have to use the instruction video's to draw the part and learn the program again. That takes me hours to do this, just because I am not familier with the software If you have the G code that is a big help. Also the size of the part is a limiting factor as well. The table size and axis travel requires a machine that can hold the part blank. When I retire in 3 months I was considering doing custom work for one off parts. Not to get rich, but just something to do with all of the equipment I have in my shop. ( I can't get good at something unless I have the need to do it. ) I would say show us a picture of what you want and then I and others can decide if it can be made by traditional methods or CNC is the way to go.

I have some parts that I make CNC and that is because from time to time I need to make that part again, like the attachments for the reproduction aluminum grills that I make. It is repetitive and a chore to make over and over.

Also a casting is sometimes a better route to go if the part is made of aluminum. Then some simple machining to do the finishing.

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada

Is there anyone here that can take a drawing with dimensions and produce a CNC part from it? If so PM me please!

Aluminum part, can be made out of 4" x 4" x 4" (block) piece of material, I have the material.
I have used a guy in Michigan who has made some custom parts for a 1970s sports racer I am restoring. He took some basic drawings, old parts, and measurements and created CNC parts. Not cheap, but high quality work, and he specializes in one-off stuff for restorations and race cars. Rob Ritt - pm me for email and phone number
Marc in Indy

Hey I am a full time tool and die maker trying to start my own shop on the side. I would be interested in helping you make this.

To stay on-topic. If you don’t mind sharing the drawing you have, it may help us guide you on getting it made.

Dry sump oil pump mount for a DOHC. I have someone working on a 3d printed version right now, I am so thankful for the help. Im going to test fit the 3d printed version, then figure out about an aluminum version.

Attachments

• pump mount_0001.pdf
    614.6 KB · Views: 0
Dry sump oil pump mount for a DOHC. I have someone working on a 3d printed version right now, I am so thankful for the help. Im going to test fit the 3d printed version, then figure out about an aluminum version.
Looks like a simple part. Anyone with a manual mill could make that. Depending on tolerances, you could make it with a saw or grinder and a drill.

That is one beefy chunk.

Back