Concorso Monterey 8/25?

tigeravg

True Classic
I went several years ago, had a great time, met great folks.

Same car, new interior, engine, driveline, suspension...
Time to go again.

Which of you will I see there?

After attending religiously for more than 20 years, I finally stopped going a couple years ago. It has become too crowded, too hard to get around, migrated too much toward muscle cars, and the cost has become outrageous. I'm referring to the whole week, not just the Concorso. Perhaps remembering when it was so much different (and better in my opinion) has spoiled me. But it is a great time, so enjoy.

Dr. Jeff,
Yup, crowded. Was hoping to see some of [you] though. I know I won't be the only X there. But you are right, it's stupid expensive (the concorso). I'm packing a lunch and sodas this time. That alone should save me the gas money for the drive.

Stugogi,

I hope sure hope so. I was planning on sharing the driving duties.

Yes I'll be there. I missed about five in the last 32 years, You can beat the crowds by going early. Arrive at the track by 7:00 or 7:30 (or earlier) and arrive at the Concours by 8:00 or earlier (not 10:30 the advertised time), Rule of thumb, get there one or two hours before posted start time. For the first 25 years the Normandy inn on Ocean charged regular rates, it is pricey nowdays however but that is the market.
Link to Events: https://whatsupmonterey.com/events/monterey-car-week/3
Good options are, Friday Italian show, Saturday Laguna Seca , Sunday Pebble Beach Concours. Events actually started August 12th. It is 2 weeks long plus.
Bob

Back