cooling system 78 x1/9

bill

my cockatoo likes you
hello i replaced the coolant lines under my car. the box under the car is that for protecting the pipe? the reason i'm asking is if i can put slits in the side and bottom of it to aid in cooling to allow air flow in there. i made a custom set of copper cooling pipes in there heater line as well. any thoughts on this mod?

Do you have any pics? Sounds like a "cool" mod. The box is structural so I wouldn't hack it up too much ( not everyone agrees on this). Unless you live in the desert then the stock cooling system in working condition is fine. Make sure your system is bled well. It take a few sessions to get all the air out.

maybe take about 2 or 3 inches on the sides and bottom on the front pull them out at a angle to scoop the air through if i haft to weld a second piece of steel on the very top to make up for it

Hey Bill....

....Thomas from Midwest-Bayless here...

I spoke with one of our 30+ year Fiat mechanics and Matt here, and they both independently state that you don't have anything to worry about. Call me back in the AM tomorrow and we can talk some more, if you like. I should be at the shop until at least noon Eastern time.

Back