crankshaft timing mark question

dcioccarelli

Dominic Cioccarelli
I don't suppose that anyone has a nice photo of the timing marks that I should be looking for on the [FONT=Trebuchet MS, Verdana, Tahoma, Arial]crankshaft pulley?

From what I understand (on a 1500) there should be a fixed marker (i.e. not the timing belt cover), but it is more reliable to use the mark on the flywheel. Any photos or diagrams of both options would be appreciated. I'm assuming that the latter is something like this (taken from a Fiat Uno):

z3wimg1398.jpg

Cheers,
Dominic.

[/FONT]

Last edited:
The picture is a bit fuzzy.

However if you remove the right rear tire and plastic suround you will find these marks. Not painted this way but they are there. I did this when I rebuilt this engine. The pointer is made of metal mounted to the block.

P5080165.jpg

TonyK.

Grimsby Ontario Canada.

You are indeed correct... but I haven't a photos to show you...

... and... be advised that the FLYWHEEL can be mounted 180 degrees out! The good news is that the flywheel can only be mounted TWO ways, at 0 or at 180 out.

I believe mine is 180 out... as I can find no "distinguishing marks" at TDC when the crank and cam timing marks are lined up. I did make my OWN marks though... and this makes it really easy to time using this window, versus through the right side tire well.

Back