"Curving" Distributor

i have my distributor recurved by an UK shop, i asked for max centrifugal 20° @ 3500, set the static at 10°, now the car gains easily the higher rpm..thanks to our friend NEG that helped me for an issue with the shop; price was fair and the service super quick

Finally got my distibutor back, Only $85.00 from Iginition Engineering in CA. Only drawback was it took 6 months to get it done. Guess he had some personal issues to work out

Attachments

• 31770.jpg
    31770.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 60
wow, seems pretty radical..max centrifugal is 12°@2600? how you calculate this curve?

looks like standard OEM avance it's always way too much..

That sort of curve works well with long duration cams that require about 20 degrees at idle. The stock curves have too much total advance to do that without having too much advance at higher rpms. I played with my distributor to get a similar curve with full advance by 3,000 rpm.

yes,i saw your curve in this thread, and asked to the shop a similar full advance (20°@3500 to have a total of 30 - 35 with the static set to 10 - 15°), my motor is stock (as far as i know..); the car goes noticeable better up to 5500 rpm (didnt tried to push further due the traffic..) maebe the current unleaded gas requires less advance?

Back