Dallara conversion FS in PA (not Mine)

There is a lot more than a body kit done to that car. No tiny, underpowered Fiat motor in there so I'm out.

IMHO the car just doesn't present that well. Cleaning and detailing of the car would help a lot even though
it's a 'race car'. It does have some interesting mods for us 'B' series people to look at.

There is a lot of goodies in that car. The problem is we got many cars in construction in the forum with a lot of attention to details, which is not the case with that blue one. It got a lot of potential but needind a lot of TLC...:confused:

I was thinking about buying this car back in 2015. It was created by Xweb member Dr.Auto and he had it listed in the FS&W back then. I was very interested, but had lost my job and during the time our discussion about the sale, a post in his lean-to fell on the car. Note the big ding in the nose. It also smashed the windshield, but I see that was replaced.

In the end, the car was to pricey and a bit too customized for me. I do like the color a lot and the body work looked pretty well done. He had sent me a lot of pictures of the construction and paint process, but I can't find them.

Last edited:
For someone starting out with the idea of wanting to create a fast Dallara look, this is actually a pretty good buy at its current price. Lots of the hard work is done, mostly clean up and ascetics are all that is left.

For someone starting out with the idea of wanting to create a fast Dallara look, this is actually a pretty good buy at its current price. Lots of the hard work is done, mostly clean up and ascetics are all that is left.

Eric... are you that voice in my head??? Stop it d00d. Breath deep Jim, find that happy place and tell the voice "I have enough cars already." o_O

As strange as it sounds, I think a lot more of us would have actually been interested in this car if the stock motor was still in there and thus the price would be more reasonable. While we would all love more power in our Xs, there is only the fringe group here that wants a different motor in there. The X is like my NA Miata, barely enough power which gives you the excuse to snap off redline shifts just to stay up with the giant SUV behind you and learn the joys of conservation of momentum.

Also, for most of us, our "race cars" must be street legal. This one isn't anymore. It could be done, but it would need things such as licence plate lights but mostly parking brakes which were deleted with the install of front calipers.

This is just complaining for the pleasure of complaining cause if I had the money, I may have been a bidder... :oops:

Also, for most of us, our "race cars" must be street legal. This one isn't anymore. It could be done, but it would need things such as licence plate lights but mostly parking brakes which were deleted with the install of front calipers.

This is just complaining for the pleasure of complaining cause if I had the money, I may have been a bidder... :oops:
one of the reasons I love living in Michigan. "street legal" rules are very lax. but there also is the issue with race cars not really being set up for street use making it a pain, both literally and figuratively do drive on public streets.

Odie

Running 500/600 lb springs is pretty close to having absolutely no suspension! The 20b/16 Vtec is the same motor I put in my Mini, it's called the "Frankenstein Engine" except mine was completely stock with 180hp and a bit much for the street in a 1500 lb front wheel drive car. He had to spend a decent amount for the extra 17hp.

i talked to that guy that owns it now , he didnt build it ,but i know one thing there is a lot of money in that car a lot !

Move to Virginia. With antique plates you sign a form that says your car complies will all legal requirements and the car is never inspected or looked at. My rat X originally just had brake lights and that was it (yes I lied when I signed the form). Still has no headlights or turn signals.

If the car really is in Newtown, PA, that's about a 25 minute ride for me. Any serious buyers need an on-site inspection? Let me know.

Last edited:
Back