DCNF Throttle Bodies

Yes they will...

... as you can get anything to work if ya pour enough money into it.

They sure look cool...

Sooo... yur back from the war and won the lottery? Congrats!

Have ya seen those BIKE carbs that they used on he 24 hours De LeMons car? Page Bernice for more info... You can always add the horns for he "look"...

Not back yet, but soon!!

I will be leaving for Kuwait in a few days. Spend about a month there an then back to the good ole US of A. Can't wait to see my wife and dig into my X again.

Last edited:
Plug and Play megasquirt FI question

Is there such thing as a plug and play megaquirt system?? I want to go FI with the DCNF's but not sure how to tune it all.

http://www.piercemanifolds.com/fuelinjection.htm
Bottom left pic

Why not go with DCOE's..? These are sweet has hell! I've already talked to the sales guy at Pierce, it's about $1k for the dual setup (including manifold) and bet on another $500-$750 for the MS setup. Tuning is a tough nut to crack, but the MS community can help. Also, worse case, take it to a tuner shop.

The short answer is, yes, the stock Bosch EFI *could* work with the DCNF throttle bodies. BUT it would require the you use the stock sized injectors, the stock fuel pressure, use a sealed airbox with the stock air flow meter attached...... It would basically be a stock EFI setup with a different throttle valve(s). It *may* give you quicker throttle response, but will probably not flow more due to the AFM restrictions.

It is possible to replace the AFM with a MAP type sensor (and additional electronics), but you'd be into it more than MegaSquirt would cost.

Have you gotten a price on these yet? The last time I checked, the TBs/fuelrails/regulator were over $1200.... And that didn't include a manifold! A friend put the DCOE types on his crossflow headed MGB and it ran him $1400. If you were to go down this path, I would suggest motorcycle TBs - VERY cheap on eBay and come with everything except the ECU.

Hurry home before SHE spends all...

... your LOTTERY WINNINGS on stupid stuff like furniture.

And as John Allen stated... all that throttle body stuff is mega-bucks... and like I said before... Bernice has a solution that is just as cool and probably works just as well or better, with all the same installation and initial tuning hassles... allfor 10 bucks! HA!

Be safe!

I've got a set of stock throttle bodies from Honda CBR600 F4i motor cycle engine that I'm planning on using. They are about 38mm, self contained with fuel rail, injectors, TPS and the throttle is center pull. They even have velocity stacks on them stock. Cost: About $100 on fleabay.

11214ITB_Project_009.jpg

The center to center spacing is a bit closer on the honda 600cc, versus the fiat 1300cc, but they mount with rubber boots so an adapter manifold would be pretty easy to fab. Sure, you need to do the fab and whatnot, but 1/10th the cost of TWM parts.:love:

I have the same TBs that I was going to adapt to a SOHC. If you split the pair (simple 2 bolts) and spaced them further apart (I believe 1-1/2") they will fit the spacing of the FIAT better. The fuel rail would also need to be split/lengthened and the TB throttle interlink increased, but it is an easy mod.

The size (38mm) is a really good size for the SOHC, there are no venturis or restriction unlike the carbs. It is really easy for people to oversize FI TBs when upgrading - rule of thumb is to use TBs that are one size smaller than carbs.

I also have a similar set off of a Honda 929 that are better sized for a 2L twincam. Both were cheap on eBay, like you mentioned... I even like the way they look like miniature DCOEs.

BTW, do not clean the 'black stuff' off the throttle plates. It is there to seal the plates when closed.

Back