Delamasso Pantera

my youth in the south made big, hot, screaming, v8, monsters easy and available.....

I had more than my share. none great. most mediocre at everything. but :eek: I had fun.

67 Plymoth Belvedere GTX 440, 4v, autotrajic
aforementioned 69 and 72 Mach1's
69 Fastback 351 4v 4spd
67 notchback pony 302 / 3spd.
73 Merc Cougar 351 2v autotrajic conv......
74 Torino Sport GT 400 SB, 4v 4spd
76 TransAm 400 4spd SuperDuty rustbucket
59 Impala 348 4v 4spd

All bought for less than $3k, all sold for about what I paid...

All worth :eyepop: now in condition I had them in, even the SD T/A

Never had Sunoco 260 on the left coast...

... that I know of...

The HOT fuel back in the 60's for the street and part-time drag racers in the 60's was Chevron's WHITE pump.

The checks in the mail... go wait out front for it...

HA! Reminds me of my '70 Duster 340...

4 speed posi... I believe I paid $2630.00 for it NEW, out the door in Oregon!

My brother bought a '67 SS396 Malibu for around $3000.00 and my Dad's '68 Chrysler New Yorker was about $6000.00.

I swear... that 440 land yacht of Dad's would blow us all away! HA!

I love Panteras and the people that own them...

I was listening to a former Ferrari owner being interviewed over the PA system at Concorso Italiano a few years back... as he drove his recently acquired Pantera up onto the podium.

(It is quite well known that MOST Ferrari owners keep their cars all original with factory parts and service and all OEM, never varying. Most Pantera owners do quite the opposite, often adding nitrous systems, turbos, blowers, all sorts of aftermarket wheels and tires, doing all the work themselves and having no allegiance to the mark.)

The announcer recognizes the driver as a former Ferrari owner and asks him what the differences are owning one car over the other. The owner answers slowly and concisely with this comment, he says:

Owning a Ferrari is like being married to a world class ballerina. Owning a Pantera... is like dating a hooker.

Last edited:
Tony, that line reminds me of a

Monday Night Football game back in the 70's, I believe. Back when Howard Coselle was covering the games. One of the teams playing was the Browns and they actually had a wide receiver with the name "Fair Hooker". Old Howard jumped on that one saying, "I used to date a pretty fair hooker". With his love him/hate him style, look what it did to him.

Mike

Back