Delrin Rod

ebay, believe it or not. Often good prices there if you can find what you need.

If you don't mind my asking, what are you planning to use it for? I just went through a material selection process for an X project and found that UHMW offered a lot better properties for my project. Might take a look at it if you haven't already.

HTH,

///Mike

I get my delrin rod from.....

Regal Plastics in Tulsa, OK. It's not cheap.:shock2: Its best to see if they can get you a "drop" piece....they can usually get you a better price for a drop piece.

If not, there will be a "minimum order quantity" usually figured by weight. They can let you know what that will be. If you're wanting round rod....depending on the size, you may end up getting 2 to 3 feet!

In that case just make extras and sell them to us here on Xweb.:whistle:

Also ask about "durometer" (not sure I spelled that correctly) Like urethane...you can get it Hard or Soft. Let them know what you are going to make out of it.

If you plan on turning it in a lathe or drilling/boring holes... don't get it too soft. Soft delrin squishes out of your chuck jaws(its very slippery) and is otherwise hard to hold. Likewise hard delrin turns and drills easily but may transmit too much noise and vibration into your car.

Good Luck!

What I did with it

Due to a hardrive crash I dont have the pictures of the fabrication

But anyway, I replaced the rubber in the lower motor mount. Wow! that rubber was absorbing alot of vibration. LOL I am going to stick with the remanufactured rubber mounts!

Back