Delta Cam running Clearances

email Matt...

Hey guys, I recently bought a cam off Matt,

There isn't any specs on the running clearances this cam likes given. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

email Matt, in the unlikely event that he doesn't see this post and beat you to it.

time frame

Lol yeah, being aus my mechanic is looking to do it in the next few hours. So emailing Matt at work isn't really an option as i need a promt response. Not that Matt doesn't give prompt responses but a day off on a sunday is understandable.

But thanks

+1 to Chris

.012 Intake / .014 Exhaust

The only other words of wisdom is to measure clearance with the lobe straight up. Don't get lazy and try to measure two at once when they are at 45 degree angles, or your numbers will be incorrect, as unlike a stock cam, the base of these vary by a few thou. as they approach the ramp and flank respectively.

-M

thanks

Thanks matt and chris, it's in and running beautifully now. We played around on the dyno not a huge amount of power but we ended up with near enough to 60bhp at the wheels. Intake temps were at around 30degrees. We had 55bhp then we modified the airbox to take cold air from the side pod and we made exhaust heat sheilds and wrapped the intake.

Next thing to try would probably be water meth as the intake temps just aren't stable.

We had at 6000rpm an AFM of 11.89 which we were fairly happy with.

We were also very happy with our torque curve from 3600 rpm we have 62foot pounds which drops back to 60 at 3800 and effectively stays at 60 up until about 6000 where it starts to drop back to 50 at 7000. So it's pretty damn stable.

The nice thing is with the lightened flywheel we have in it how easily it revs out.

What sort of iginition timing do you guys find works best with an injected motor?

Cheers

shadetree ignition

8-10 degrees BTDC advance is fine. The stock ignition doesn't go full advance very quickly. I think the stock max advance is around 5500rpm, but I could be wrong. I removed one of the springs on the flyweights in the distributor and it now reaches max advance at 3500rpm which worked great for me. The right way to do it is to get weaker springs and try them out one set at a time until you have the ones you want. The other way is to go distributor-less and use a computer to adjust it. I was happy with just removing one spring.

Back