Diamondback Wheel Lug Bolts

Daniel Gibson

True Classic
Hi all. I hope this is an appropriate place to post this question. Will standard a fiat lug bolts work with Shelby diamondback wheels? Anyone have experience with them?
Thanks!
Dan

I've got Shelby 13 x 6" mags and they use mag style bolts. Not familiar with the diamondback wheels.

M12x1.25 Mag Lug Bolt.jpg

What an awesome picture! Where do you buy lugs at for them?
If you find some, let me know. I have not found anyone selling M12x1.25 mag style bolts. The threads on the bolt in the photo were trashed by some tire jockey years ago. I've got a couple on the car I'd like to replace but at least they have all their threads. MWB has studs and mag nuts that would likely work but I'd need to check a few dimensions.

Our Revolutions used a similar type bolt but without the oversize shank. They used a washer to keep the undersides of the bolt head from cutting the aluminum wheel. Do your wheels have a spot faced area for washers? If not that could be another problem, or just some missing washers.
You could just get a machine shop to make some bushings to replace the shank portion.

Our Revolutions used a similar type bolt but without the oversize shank. They used a washer to keep the undersides of the bolt head from cutting the aluminum wheel. Do your wheels have a spot faced area for washers? If not that could be another problem, or just some missing washers.
You could just get a machine shop to make some bushings to replace the shank portion.
The bolt in the photo uses a thick washer to protect the aluminum wheel. When I took the photo, I had plenty of washers but was searching for bolts.

For what it's worth, I'm sure a machine shop can easily convert taper headed bolts to this style. In the sample picture it looks like you can see where they used their square parting tool in the corner under the hex to remove want radius left by their turning tool.

For what it's worth, I'm sure a machine shop can easily convert taper headed bolts to this style. In the sample picture it looks like you can see where they used their square parting tool in the corner under the hex to remove want radius left by their turning tool.
Might be cheaper to go with studs and nuts. MWB has them for about $80.

I had some tapered seat bolts cut down under the hex to fit my Roosevelt wheels. It worked fine.

Back