did they use a stock alarm system? Harness is different

countryguy53

Daily Driver
I have 3 xs and 2 of them don't have the security system wired into the original harness, there are 3 new wire looms coming from the right front side for the front trunk, one has a security system with modules all around the car, One K090 Key stop ICITsrl module, another one in the right headlight K050 compartment that has the siren and another just to the right of the battery.....i have a parts car that i could maybe change the harness back to no security outlets since the system is not working. Where might i find a schematic for the alarm wireing harness? So much for the 3 cars being wired the same....the 85 and 86 don't have the harnesses but one 86 has the change. Someone has unpluged one of the modules and jumped the large brown wire in one of the plugs going to one module. I'd like to just remove the security system. A new system would be easier. What a mess.. Gene

Gene... write this down...

"No two X1/9s are the same, not even in the same model year".

Memorize it and believe it... and also DISREGARD what I'm about to tell ya... 'cause it'll probably be proven to be a LIE too...

I've not seen nor heard of ANY factory alarm system... but after 27 years of messing with these cars... I just learned a BUNCH about 74's that I never knew before...

Here's the latest and greatest Bertone Schematic that might be some help to you...

http://www.lemley.net/electric/bertone_schematic/

BTW... you do not mention the overall problem... Will the car not start? In any case, I'd rip out what is there (or Retire It in Place [RIP]) and install another complete alarm system if that's what ya feel ya need.

Alarm problem

The origional problem was that most things worked just a couple things, windows didn't work and some lights on the dash didn't work... figured it had to have something to do with the alarm and different wireing. Any way i ran into the old owner of the X and she gave me the key fob for the car.... it was a remote for the alarm....I plugged in all the plugs after removing a couple jumpers someone had installed to jump out ckts.......... hit the remote and it blinked the signals and locked the doors,i got into the car and armed it and it killed the ignition also when armed it even has a led on one of the switch blanks on the ctr console...... I have the schematic you gave me the link to but its for the olderfuse panel type harness and doesn't
have the extra wireing harnesses on this X with the alarm setup...... thanks for the input and as far as the wife telling me about the car she's a definite keeper after 22 yrs Gene

Late models were not shipped with radios or alarms. All of these items were installed either at the port or the dealer. For alarms, I would suspect delaer of stereo shop installed.

Gene very common in the 90s...

Installs done at a stereo shops and not dealer or Bertone related.

the Corsa X I got last year had a 1990s Ungo alarm installed that one day decided to make the X dead :dead:. Found out my knee knocked a hidden "over ride" toggle buried under the dash next to a "valet" button.

I called up Clarion (Ungo) and for 5 bucks they sent me the entire installation book for the dated alarm system that they no longer made.

Try an online search for the brand alarm you have... What do you have?

Here is what Ungo (their updated model) shows online.

http://www.clarion.com/us/en/MungoBlobs/1022/175/S100_INSTALL,0.pdf

Back