Different rear lights...

rachaeljf

True Classic
I have been messing about with my rear lighting panel and as it was falling to bits I tried one of the spares I got with the car. It had been modified to take aftermarket rear lights, which got me thinking. I had some Ferrari 308 rear lights and I thought I would give them a try...

I've seen that done on an X in past

Can't remember for sure who, but it's a cool alternative.

Looks great

Had you been planning this conversion, or did you just happen to have some Ferrari taillights laying around? If so how does that happen??? :)

I used Opel GT lights when I did this conversion a few years ago.

Pete

Ha! I did have plans for the lights - they were intended for my Karma Dino, but I think the Karma should have more faithful lookalike rear lights to look right.

I bought the lights off the previous owner of my car, and I guess from what had been done to my rear panel he had experimented with the 308 lights too.

A chap called Paulo Milleay has done a similar conversion, which was what inspired me.

Had you been planning this conversion, or did you just happen to have some Ferrari taillights laying around? If so how does that happen??? :)

I used Opel GT lights when I did this conversion a few years ago.

Pete
The same could be asked of the Opel parts. I miss my GT :(

tail lights

I drew up plans for that oval light setup when I got my first x. didn't like the way the dip in the rear panel matched with the whole idea.
I saw the dallara in Montana and realized not to be. on the lancia being wider and having a more linear line, it is awesome. now I don't want round taillights for my x..... I want a scorpion!!!!
excellent job.
mikemo90*aol.com

Back