Dizzy difference

AngleT

Always more tuning to do
I know it's been posted before, but I can't find it.

Q: How do you identify which Dizzy you have (FI or carb)?

The differences are listed in the manual, but I'm looking for the identifying marks (part number stamped on the side of the housing). I'm trying to get the most centrifugal advance I can for my dual carb setup.

Thanks

My recollection, which may be wrong, is that all of the electronic ignition systems used the same dist which was a Bosch unit (1979 on to the end of US distribution in '88). The earlier cars used a point type Marrelli dist in the US, I don't recall any of the Decellier distributors being here.

the disty design changed with the introduction of fuel injection, the mechanical advance is weighted differently im not sure why, and i think the vacuum advance is different too

Ducellier dizzy

My recollection, which may be wrong, is that all of the electronic ignition systems used the same dist which was a Bosch unit (1979 on to the end of US distribution in '88). The earlier cars used a point type Marrelli dist in the US, I don't recall any of the Decellier distributors being here.

Ducellier dizzy was used on some of the US spec 1300 cars - all of my '74s have a Ducellier.

Back