Do Spider Wheels Fit?

eflexter

Eddie Flexter
There is a lot of conflicting info out there. Short of buying a set and just trying myself, can somone say for sure: will the aluminum wheels from a late Fiat Spider fit the X1/9?

I want to track down a set of wheels (#4 in the Bayless catalog). I haven't done it yet because of the wide variety of "opinions" on the subject.

Has anyone got the facts?

p.s. I know that the wheels aren't actually in stock at Bayless. It's the only reference I can come up with.

Thanks!

I move my Iron cross wheels from my X to my spider

Both the phone dial wheels and the iron cross wheels work on both the X1/9 and the spider with no differences.

I don't know what the Bayless #4 look like

but since Todd mentioned the Iron Cross style I figured I could post this pic:

DSC00192.jpg

Most of the period correct 13x5 or 13x5.5 Spider wheels will fit on the X.

COOL!

I like your Ferrari-esque tail light treatment. I've been planning that one myself!!

Modern wheel styles MAKE this car.......

Not my car

I like your Ferrari-esque tail light treatment. I've been planning that one myself!!

Modern wheel styles MAKE this car.......

sorry, that is a pic of Rudy's former "Son of Blacktooth". You can see my cars in my sig... no Ferrari-esque adaptions to be found. Unless you count the Cromodora Daytona wheels.

It was the only picture I had handy. Do the Iron Cross wheels equate to Bayless #4? I don't have a Bayless catalog so I am just wondering what

I saw that car about a year ago

at Peter's house. He has 9 or so! Windshield frame has rust and needs attention, but the rest of the car looks good. Lost touch with Peter some time ago.

Jim

What Peter really needs is a barn

at Peter's house. He has 9 or so! Windshield frame has rust and needs attention, but the rest of the car looks good. Lost touch with Peter some time ago.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I exchanged a few emails with peter about a month ago. He is still around and still wishing he had more storage space. :)

Cromodoras

The reproduction Cromorodas for the 124 Spider fit. I have 185-60-13 Yokahamas on mine. There is a very slight tire rub at full lock on the leading edge of the wheel lip.
I think they are 9mm offset and I removed the factory spacers.
That's the only data point I have.
24734383224813699373604.jpg

The #4 wheel in the catalog

is a sort of raised 8 pointed star. They came out on 1980 cars. They look like the tips of the star are vented, but they are actually painted black. That's the best I can do unless I can find a picture.

Thanks for the help. I'm confident enough now to start buying wheels as I find them.

Ed.

These?

is a sort of raised 8 pointed star. They came out on 1980 cars. They look like the tips of the star are vented, but they are actually painted black. That's the best I can do unless I can find a picture.

Thanks for the help. I'm confident enough now to start buying wheels as I find them.

Ed.

fiat_spider_2000_80_2.jpg

If so, these are referred to a "Turbo" wheels and I think they are all 14"x6". You will need to be careful with the tire you choose and with the fitment on the front especially.

I ran a set of spider rims on my race X for awhile.

I needed to run a 1" spacer, but hey, I was running big ol' fat race tires.

Most should fit, some might require a spacer or two, but all of them should be doable.

Eric

Back