does anyone have a source for '79 rear spring perches?

John Barbieri

True Classic
the bottom lip where the bumpstops mount are rusted off. how important are those bumpstops? I have looked everywhere for a set of rear spring perches for the last few months and can not find a set anywhere. Can I just trim them in half and use them without bumpstops until I find a decent set? thanks in advance.

Email the guys at Bayless

If you haven't done so already, send an email to the Midwest-Bayless crew. They may have what you need and just have not had a chance to list it on the site. They will also be able to advise you on any alternatives.

Are the '79 rears different from earlier?

Are the '79 rears different from earlier? I'm pulling a '77 apart now, and it has healthy-looking rust-free struts. John asked by PM, but I couldn't tell him if my pieces would work for him.

Is this the part you are looking for?

I will have to check and see if I have any laying around in the shop.

StockvsModifiedStrutMountBottom.jpg

The stock part is on the left. The part on the right was modified for coil-overs.

Pete

I have 2...

They are from either the 79 or 81 parts cars, not sure which but I don't think it makes a difference. They are complete with rubber bump stops and spring isolators, if you need those parts.

They are on assembled struts right now so I'll have to break those down before I can send them. In my experience shipping to Canada is not usually cheap, but they are yours for the cost of shipping.

How big a hurry are you in? PM me with your shipping info.

Pete

Back