dogbone conversion spring rate

Carl_Auer

Groovy
I asked a while back, but can not find the thread, for those of you who have replaced the dogbone with a mountain bike shock, what spring rate do you have?

HAHAHA... you mean the THOUSANDS of US???

HA!

I think it was just MIKE SOTER... but a great idea. Others have used Heim Joints and adjusters, or even a turnbuckle... but these make for more solid mounts. You can "feel" every pulse of the engine... guess how I know?

Try paging Mike...

1000lbs

You can find them on Ebay. look for mountain bike shock. I believe the setup comes with a yellow spring.

regards,

Arman

But of course...

Here you go Jeremy, fresh from the Xweb 1.0 archives. :)
dsc00025vq2.jpg

The original thread:
http://www.network54.com/Forum/12159/message/1218396199

And why would you want to switch from stock?

As a newbie, how would I know I have a bad bone? And what advantage would this Mtn Bike Shock provide? Thanks.

As a newbie, how would I know I have a bad bone? And what advantage would this Mtn Bike Shock provide? Thanks.

welp, the reason why "I" switched was that some where down the line some one swapped out the original 1500 dogbone with a 1300 dogbone and the plenum was beating up the rear of the engine bay. I also switched to the bike shock because I auto cross the car and needed a little more stiffness in the engine mounts.

And the past posters are correct, its a 1000lb mountain bike shock, and I couldn't be happier with the $12.95 purchase. works like a dream.

Back