Driving 850's in the snow... (for Karl Mead)

Jeff Stich

True Classic
Stefano_01.jpg
I can’t imagine that is your 850 banking off the snow bank is it?

That's not my car, but I've done similar with mine. Somehow, I often seem to end up being the guy TAKING photos like this, rather than starring in them. HRMPH. I'll see if I can dig up any winter-driving pics from the ol' photo albums...

Apparently, I only have ONE photo of my old '69 850 Spider in the snow, and unfortunately, it's not an "action" shot like the one above. :(

It's a very old, grainy & faded (pre-digital) paper-type photo that I took of the car somewhere up on Glendora Ridge Road (back then, they didn't close the road at the drop of a single snowflake like they do nowadays). Strangely, I can't find any of the other photos of this set? Most were of 2 other friends 850's that I was photographing at the time, so I must've just snagged this pic out of the pile & gave the rest to them. Definitely a fun & memorable day!

69SpiderGlendoraRidgeSnow.jpg

Last edited:
Snow in the LA area, I always loved the snow elevation predictions from the LA ‘weather’ people. It was often the only weather they had to predict...

Very cool. Bummer that some photography was so ephemeral. Thank you for dredging it up.

Back