Dual DCOE carb. question

kungfuty

Tyrone Revelo
I know there are forum members here that are running dual 40mm DCOE carbs. Can anyone tell me the jetting #'s that they are using ? This set up will be used for street in a 1.5 engine.

Any help is appreciated.

Wish I could help Tyrone...

Are you talking about a STOCK 1500 though?

Most have cams and enlarged valves, shaved heads and headers... and that all adds up to some rather specialized tuning. Then comes the ignition timing...

Perhaps someone can get ya into the ballpark... but generally, yur gonna be playing with those carbs for some time until ya get a tune that works for YOU... and then continue MAINTAINING them for the rest of your natural life.

(Give up now while you still can... I'll trade ya even for a DMTR-whatever-32 and ease your misery! HA!)

Ha ha !

The set up is a gift from my work :) It's one of the benefits of working on fine Euro. junk.

I will be raising compression with a ported head and camshaft (which one is not decided yet) The car is will be smog exempt so i'm not worrying about emissions.

I'm not too concerned with the life long tinkering and adjustments as this is just another toy not to be driven daily, weekly, monthly ??

Info from actual set up

It really depends on your tune. My car is highly modified but this should help:
96whp - twin 40DCOEs
idle = 55
Main = 125
Air = 180
Emuls = F15
Choke = 32
Pump = 45
I have also had good results with F11

100whp - twin DCOEs
idle = 50
Main = 135
Air = 190
Emuls = F15
Choke = 34
Pump = 30
**lots more midrange HP and really kicked in with more low rpm advance.

Best to use a wideband to tune because the transition AFR is very difficult to tune. Wide Open Throttle (WOT) is Easy, Idle is easy but cruise and trounce not so easy. Good luck.

Back